cross

A transparent version of what seemed to be cross was covered head to toe in....chains. A metal collar was pressed tightly against his neck, ankle and wrist bands all with chains trailing behind him.
    The sound of the metal were so unmerciful that I was tempted to cover the sides of my skull. Cross walked by, not even acknowledging my presence. Incubux chased after moonlight, both going straight through cross.
    I jumped from my bed and immediately rushed after cross. Should I even call it that? What if its....not him? I just ran until I tripped and fell through cross. He seemed surprised by my action and backed away. I stared in disbelief. His face was covered in ghostly tears, each older than the other.
    Cross tried to quickly run away from me, his chains restricting most of his movement. I get up and chase after him, running up the stairs where the chandelier hung. He disappeared. Cross was nowhere in sight.
    I fall to my knees and slam my fist against the carpet floor. He has to be here, he can't disappear just like that! There has to be some way. I get up and stand, waking around the dusty floor.
    I never bothered with the top floor, I mean, I totally forgot about it. The chandelier was a bright baby blue as the moon from the balcony glimmered on the diamonds. A figure stood in the balcony, nearly impossible to see if I wasn't paying attention.
    Cross stood at the balcony, starring mindlessly at the moon in which its light shown through him. His red and white eyes glowed dimly but still showed emotion of some sorts. "Cross?" I called out weakly. I took a step forward as cross's head turned toward me. He held his hands together at his chest.
    I walked out onto the rotten wood of the balcony, protesting at my weight. The moon shined onto me as I walked out through the archway.
    "N-nightmare?" his voice slightly echoed in the darkness. I nodded my head and tried to place a hand on his cheek. My hand fell through. I pull my hand out as cross starts to giggle. "T-that tickled!"
    "That's really you....cross?" he looked away from me in guilt. A wood board creaked and snapped as many others snapped as well. The wooden stacks below us soon broke.....