America.... (If America Was Shot)

I skipped down the hall, just after seeing Maxon. You could probably tell I was ecstatic!
It was true in fact! I was ecstatic. I was excited to know that Maxon was probably going to pick me. 

It was probably a little too early....But we had some fun. Which turned into a little more fun, and some more. 

Like I said.....Too early.

Maxon isn't like other guys. He isn't that sort of person who would just leave or quit. If he wants something, he'll get it. And I guess he got me. 

Back to why I was happy....Maxon kinda, sorta just proposed? He said he would do anything to make me his. Although, I still must tell Aspen myself. I don't want him to know that we're getting married, and he knew just like any other person. 

I caught a glimpse of that lemonade yellow hair. Mixed with those chocolate brown eyes. Maxon really reminded me of a chocolate chip cookie.  Aspen was around the palace, so I had to find him somewhere. 

Jeez, they really need to stop putting the guards I need further away from me.....
Doesn't matter though, I'll find him before the engagement announcement.  If not, well...He'll hear it from Maxon just like all the other citizens in the country.  

Everyone was coming over. Nicoletta, August and Georgia, and even Daphne.....Not too sure about Daphne yet, I haven't seen her, she hasn't seen me. So why was I so worried? That she was going to steal Maxon? Sometimes I'm just too childish...

As I was daydreaming, I overheard a guard whispering. I was sure it didn't include me, but gossip is crucial in the palace. You can hear what they know and don't know about you...

"Maxon did it." The guard whispered to another. 
"Who did what?!" The other exclaimed. It honestly seemed like I knew that voice. But I knew a lot of the voices here so it probably didn't matter as much.
"I overheard him with someone a few nights ago. Sounds like he had a lot of fun If you knew what I mean....." The guard said only that. I'm assuming that the guard made a devilish smirk when he said that, cause that was the end of the conversation.

I walked out of the conversation, and right as I turned, a familiar face popped up. 

"America!" Aspen said, grabbing my arm and throwing me into the nearest room. 
"Did you hear?! Maxon lost his purity to Kriss." Aspen explained to me. But in my mind, all I'm thinking is that he was that one guard. Not the guard explaining, but the one receiving. He knew everything now....

"What?!" I played along. Praying that it would end the conversation. 
"I know Mer, but it's okay, I'll always be here for you when you need it. Even if you don't need it I'm here." He went in for a hug, and I hugged him back. He leaned in for what seemed like a kiss, but I couldn't grasp what it was. 

Slowly, Aspen opened the door. He was greeted by a voice.

"Hello, Your Majesty," Aspen said, using his hand to shoo me away in the room. I searched for doors, windows, anything. All I could do was hide behind the curtains or under the bed. 

I didn't want to hide, but I had no choice. There was someone at the door. Someone royal. Anyone from the royal would be bad, but by far the worst would be King Clarkson. Who would protect me from the ruler? Certainly not Queen Amberly, and Maxon couldn't do much either. 

"Ahhh, So I see you've taken interest into this room." The voice said. "Certainly, I could make the switch for you if you'd like." As the voice grew louder and clearer. I could certainly tell it was the King. 

"Yes, Your Majesty" Aspen replied. 
"Allow me to do a quick search of the room...." He said knocking down the door. Exposing me on the left side. 

"Lady America. Whatever are you doing in a bedroom with this gentleman together....?" He said skeptically. All three of us knew that he was doing this to get us in trouble. 
"Maxon must hear of this." 

"PLEASE NO!" I yelled across the room. 

"SILENCE! Your actions have cost us the kingdom. You haven't done a single thing right. I will be a witness in this monstrosity. While the other guards can escort you to the prison...." He smiled devilishly. 

"Maxon will hate you forever! He wants you to stop controlling his life!" I yelled at him.

"He will have to do better than right now. Cause a monkey could run this country better." 

I saw the two guards coming at me. One grabbing an arm, the other grabbing the other one. I couldn't fight two guards on steroids....

---------------------------------------------------------

I doubt it's been a day. Possibly 13 hours? There are no clocks in the jail cell. If that was really what it was called. It was a nice jail cell. There was a carpet, not like the jail cells you would see in movies. 

"Get out." The guard said. I didn't know if he was just like this, or he reaalllly didn't like me....

I did what he told, and stepped out. He brought me to my room and said nothing else. 

"Stay here until a guard takes you downstairs. It'll be a while since you have to get dressed." He said. I sat there confused and worried. 

Why would I have to get dressed for a canning?

My maids suddenly wandered in. I saw Mary, Anne, but not Lucy. I figured she was helping out with something.

"Mary! Anne!" I screamed in excitement. 

They said nothing in return and helped me with my bath, and my lotion. I didn't know what was going on, but It sure scared me. 

"Is everything okay?" I asked worriedly. 

"King. Silenced." Anne said those two words, and I completely understood. He didn't want this to go public and risk the rebels taking advantage, but on the other hand, He would gladly give me a canning for everything I've done.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

I was brought into the Great Room. There were festivities everywhere. I asked for the reception and nobody talked to me. Although there was this one person that was so gracious in pointing where I was supposed to be. She gestured to the platform where Maxon was. I looked into those eyes, he looked into mine. At that point, I knew he was made. Boy, he had to be boiling. 

"America." He said.

"Maxon." I nodded my head.

He talked to Kriss most of the time. The rest of the time was talking to his father. Probably about me and my next fate. 

"I never meant to hurt you, Aspen didn't want me to get hurt, and I didn't want to see him hurt. I've known him since I was 10 yea-" I was cut off.

"Save your story for another man. Cause it certainly won't be me." He said coldly and faced Kriss again. 

Kriss seemed like there was nothing wrong. As if she still thought that I and Maxon were on good terms. 

"Please, Maxon." 

He didn't even answer, he silenced me with a look and went on with his conversation with Kriss. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Prince Maxon will know choose his future wife, and our future Que-" The King said, but was cut off by a guard.

"Rebels! Located in the East, and West entrance!" He yelled. Shortly, I saw two young faces. I've never seen them before and there they were. Taking their guns out but not shooting the rebels, aiming it at Maxon. I saw Maxon. I saw him look at me first, instead of Kriss. 
"Kriss! Get down!" I yelled. 

She did as she was told, but it was now me and Maxon, against two rebels. The rebel looked at each other and mentally decided once was tougher than the other. He left, to go find Kriss who had now run off. 

"I forgive you. If you live, and If I live, we'll be fine." He mouthed. 
"I love you" I mouthed as I was shot. 

"I love you," I said to Maxon as I was bleeding out of my stomach. There was more darkness than light, so I figured that's where I needed to go...