If America Was Sent Home...

I was washing the dishes that Aspen had left. From last week. He never has to do the chores because he has all these lame excuses like "I'm training to protect you" Kind of crap.

Knock Knock.

I heard the door, but I thought Aspen was going to get it.

"America! Get the door!" Aspen yelled from his room.

I started walking up to the door, already seeing carriages outside. I assumed it was a disease or something because there's no way a carriage would come near this town.

"Prince Maxon of Illea." Announced the guard.

I heard that name, and I thought I wanted to cringe or die out of happiness.

"America, It's been a long time...." Maxon said with flowers in his hand.

Aspen came in to see all the drama and to his surprise, he saw Maxon.

"Leave. This is private property. You may be Prince, but I have my rights." He said, giving Maxon the cold stare.

"America needs to know that I love her. That's not going to change." He said to me.

"So you think that you can just barge in here after things didn't work with your ex-wife? That's disgusting." Aspen said.

"Forgive me, but she would be so much happier in the arms of a person who can provide for her and really pamper. Not some man who stole her from another." Maxon countered.

That's when Aspen lost it. He slapped Maxon in the face and Maxon slapped him back.

"What the hell?!" Maxon screamed at Aspen.

"Guards, go get America, and take her to the carriage!" Maxon yelled, implying that I was going to be taken from Aspen."

I yelled for help, and I tried to pull back on my arm. I yelled in pain which brought Maxon and Aspen over quickly.

"Prince Maxon Schreave, you're a hopeless lover and a cheater. I hope life does you well." Aspen said through a hatred voice.

I was angry at Maxon. He chose Kriss, so I wasn't his anymore. Yet he still has the nerve to take me from Aspen. It doesn't matter how little Aspen treated like I mattered after the Selection. It's that he picked me. Out of all the girls in the province.

"Maxon, I think you should leave," I said, finally saying something.

"No!" He yelled like a 5-year-old.

"America, please tell me you read the letters."

I looked at Aspen and he nodded.

"I burned them," I said, looking him in the eye. Pushing him through the door.

"Very well," He said with his voice breaking.