What Comes Around

Maxon's POV

"I see, I see," I said to the general on the telegraph.

"Few men were killed, we will have their bodies shipped to Illea. We lost brave men during the ambush. This proves how tough this war will be." He quivered.

"Alright, off the bat, do you know anyone that was killed," I said solemnly.

"Not their names, but I shall learn them. Although I do know one of them was quite close to Lady America."
I froze. America? It was probably Aspen. I didn't to they would attack this soon, and that Aspen would get killed. America will hate me now for sending him to that war. It would look terrible if Aspen died so soon. Although I wasn't sure how that would work out.

------------------------------------------------------------

"Citizens, let us remember how these few guards died in honor of saving our country. I am aware that most certainly that some may not agree with this war, but I fully believe that we as a nation, can abide by those differences."

"WHERES AMERICA?!" I heard someone shout. I chose to ignore it, but nothing happened. It all turned into chaos as that one person yelled that out.

"WE DEMAND AMERICA!" The same person shouted but was brought into my office as soon I was done with my speech.

"Where's America?" She asked me with no hesitation.

"I'm not sure what you mean?" I asked for confusion.

"You know damn well what I'm talking about. Your idiocy caused this chaos. My son was killed, now with the skills that America has, those men wouldn't have been lost. It's your fault." She spits out.

"That is not quite fair. I have a country. Those men were willing to fight." I countered.

"No, ask your general. They were pulled from me. We were forced to be silenced. My son asked me why he had to go if he had already served. It makes absolutely no sense whatsoever. Has the entitledness gone up to your brain?" She said harshly.

America's POV

Is it been possibly a few days since Aspen left? Not really sure at this point. I always thought about going back to the palace, but Kriss would still be there, and so would Maxon. I really didn't want to risk that chance. Meeting them, and questions being asked that I didn't want to answer. And more importantly, Kriss. She sent Aspen there. It was all her fault. They haven't had their wedding yet since they thought it was inappropriate to have it during such a sad moment of the war.

"Lady America?! Where are you?!" I heard yelling. I wasn't sure who or what it was, so I lifted the shades covering my small house. I caught a glimpse of a crowd, and the minute I lifted those shades, all hell broke loose. Everyone was cheering, but what for?

I quickly dropped the shades in an act of surprise. I debated with myself on whether or not I should go outside.

"Lady AMERICA?!" One yelled.

I got so sick of them, so I went outside, and started yelling.

"What is going on here?!" I yelled.

"Lady America, how are you feeling now that Aspen has left." A mic was shoved into my face.
"What-"
"Lady America, Do you feel that Maxon had anything to do with Aspen's Leger's death?"
"Wait, What?" I yelled, shocked. 

All of a sudden, outside got quiet and left me to think about what the reporter had said.

"Aspen Leger was shot in New Asia as they were setting up camp. Did you not know about this news?"

No. No. No

"NO! Your lying! NOOOO." I cried, collapsing to the ground. 

The reporters all seemed to have urgent looks on their faces. This was a fact since they all looked at each other in utter shock. 

"We're sorry Lady America, we'll leave at once." The reporters ushered others to leave.

"No." I breathed.

Amber and Celia helped me inside. They were just as broken as I was, but I was terrified what was going to happen now. We were just talking about how we were going to invite everyone from Carolina to our wedding, now I have to plan a funeral.

No.

"I can't anymore. Amber, Please, help me get that letter." I said to her.

She fetched me the letter, and I teared it up. The letter that Maxon wrote to me. I couldn't ever be in love, but that was my chance, and I guess the luck isn't on my side.