If Maxon Sent America Home, (Maxerica)

America's POV

"So what do we have here?" Maxon said, his angry clear with me and Aspen.
"Your Majesty, America was lost, and she couldn't er, figure her way out." 
"You have been here for a few months and you still haven't figured your way?!" Maxon yelled at me. I jumped when he started, but it was clear that he thought that Aspen and I were in an intimate moment. 

It was true, we were hugging to tell each other it was off. But clearly, that didn't go well with Maxon.

"Leger? Get out of my sight. If I see you one more time, I swear to god I will draft you myself and send you to New Asia..." He threatened.

That's when it all started. 

"When? Why? Wasn't I enough for you America?" He asked me.

"Yes, I was going to tell him-" 

"Too late for that. I'll tell your maids to do their best. You should leave with some spark of dignity." 

"Maxon! NOOO PLEASEEE! I love you." I whispered.

"Save it." He said and walked out of the room. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

I walk out of the palace. Looking back at it one more time. To remember all the memories hidden within. Aspen was waiting for me. He quit his job for me. It was quite sweet really.

He insisted that I sign up, now he's the one getting me kicked out. Logic.

"Hey Mer, we'll be home soon." He said, making me feel better.
"Alright."

"Hey, I know this is soon, but America, I should have never let you go." He started.

He had me stand on the plane stairs and then got on one knee. 

"Mer, Will you marry me?" 

Since he quit his job, and now was a 6 again, I loved him. I will try to at least. 

I looked back at the palace. I was sure that I saw Maxon's eyes, glaring at Aspen. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Maxon's POV

Who does this guy think he is? He claims to love America, makes me kick her out, and then proposes the minute she leaves? That's cruel. The cruelest part is that I still love her. I love her, yet I let her go. It's annoying I know. Love does that to you. 

"Maxon? There are reporters waiting." Kriss said, gesturing me to come over. She loops her arm into mine as we announce our engagement. I was silently cursing myself. It's my fault. And I hate being wrong. 

After the reporter's questions, it seemed like it would never end. 

I sat down, got out my pen, and began to write. 

Dear America,

I'm stupid. I should never have let you go. You're the one. The one I need. Please, when you receive this, come back to me. 

Maxon.

Then I got out a new sheet of paper. I began writing 7 letters to America. Convincing that she should come back to the palace. All I had to do was wait.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

America's POV

"America?! What is this!?" Aspen yelled across the room.
"It's a small room, you can talk to me like a normal person!"I screech back. 

"Why is Maxon still sending you letters? Did you know about his?!" He yelled. 

"What? Give them to me!" I scream, reaching for the letters as Aspen starts to rip it up. I see through the rip that the word "love" and "I need you" Are there. 

"Aspen Leger!" I yell. 

"Destroy them. It's me or that hopeless freak." 

"I won't destroy them!." I say, standing my ground. 

"Fine then, I'll divorce you then." 

Even if I was right, there's no guarantee that Maxon would take me back. He's married too, Kriss. So I don't know if I could remarry again. And if I was wrong, Maxon would never take me back because of that. I agreed with Aspen.

"Fine. I'll burn them." I say, giving in. 

I slowly tossed them into the fire. Aspen watched me do it. He watched me not open a single letter, just tossing it in and watching it shrivel in the fire.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Maxon's POV

"Kriss, we need an heir! The people are starting to bring more riots. They still don't want the castes!" I yell. 

Despite her being a "rebel" I bet it was just for show. To prove that she was like the lower castes. 

"No! It'll ruin everything. My body, my diet, and my wedding!" She said angrily.

"It's not just your wedding...."I countered.

"Maxon. Soon." She said.

"Three months." 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Kriss said that she was experimenting stomach pains, so I was wondering if you could give her a check-up," I asked the doctor. 

"Of course. What shall I be looking for?" 

"Children. Is it possible?" I ask.

"Likely, but there are always other factors." The doctor explained. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I'm sorry your Majesty, but Kriss' womb is very dangerous for a baby. It is toxic and if you do get pregnant, chances are, your baby will not last for a month. I know it is very sad, but there are other ways." He explained. I could feel his sorry for us. 

The advisors deemed Kriss a Lady Royal. A former royal that was now guiding the Royals. 

Now I needed to find America....