Whose Fault? (If America Was Shot)

Maxon's POV

"I see, but rather, America's not like that... This must be a mistake!" I yelled.
"Son, it's time you see that America never loved you. She used you." My father said. With that, he just walked away. Sometimes, I don't trust my father, but tonight, he was on to something.

I don't normally say that.

America's always had those tiny things to cling onto. She always left suddenly without telling me why? She also had that bracelet. Oh that god damn bracelet. I got a bracelet from New Asia to replace that bracelet, and she's still wearing it. 

I try to find America, but unfortunately, I just can't. I ask Kriss, she doesn't respond, but instead, she walks away like I've taken something from her. I ask my mother, but she's way too tired to even think. Last but not least, my father. And I have a couple of idea's where she is. 

"Father, have you seen America?" I ask him.
"After what I told you and you still want to go after that Five?" He snarled. "You are too desperate for attention." He accused. 
"Just answer the question," I said, sick of him already, and regretted coming to his office. 
"She was sent home by me." He said not caring.
"What?!" I yell so loud that all the advisors here. "It's my choice whether or not she stays!"

"Maxon Calix Schreave! Listen to yourself! If you go after her, I'll tell you everything that happened...." He warned. 

"Tell me" 

---------------------------------------------------------------------

"She had an affair with a guard." 

Wrong. It was me....I thought it my head, which I was regretting, but cherishing it undyingly. 

"She screamed and well it's the guard's duty to keep everyone in the palace safe so the rest of the guards came and checked up on the room. Everyone thought it was a rebel, but sadly...It was America. I fired the guard instantly and sent America home. After giving her a canning which she deserved." 

"Father...Are you lying to me? This doesn't sound like America." I accused

"Certainly not! I'll be damned that you think I'm lying!" He said getting up and leaving me. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------

"DId you hear?! Lady America was sent home because she had a baby with someone else other than Maxon!" The maid said to the guard.

"What?! I was sure it was Maxon's child. Damn, I own Diane $20." He said back.

Why were they saying that? America doesn't have a child unless the father wasn't lying....

I ran upstairs, furious, and told the advisors who I was going to choose. 

"Kriss," I said. "Kriss is my choice." 
"Excellent your Majesty." We will bring Lady America back so the country doesn't know what happened. Or do you want them to know what happened?" 
"Yes," I said, wanting revenge. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

I stood on the podium, with both of my eyes glued to the door. Hoping America would walk in. I wanted to hurt her so badly like she hurt me. I didn't want to believe that she had an affair, but I had to. For the sake of the Report and for the sake of the country. Regardless of everything. There was still something I felt for her. I felt like she was the one I needed to be with.

There she was. Dressed in the lightest blue, it was almost white. I tried to be mad at her, don't get me wrong I was furious at her, but I had to be mean, and nice at the same time.