If America Was Sent Home

Maxon's POV

Just know that I think that no one should ship Asperica or Krisson. If you do, just unfollow me now cause that's pretty much the center of my Selection fanfics. <3

Ughhh, I could honestly just scream right now. I hit Aspen, and now America hates me. She thinks that I can just waltz right in, and steal her. I know that's the case, but I don't want it to be. I want it to be just us.I could care less about Aspen. Oh please, let me get to her. 

"Your Highness, The war with New Asia has escalated. What shall we do?" My advisor said with fear on his face. 

"Have there be a draft. We need all the men we can get." I said, having an idea. 

--------------------------------------------------------------

"Citizens of Illea. I know that this will be sudden. Do not fear, but the war with New Asia has begun to escalate and will end in horror if we do not do anything. I ask the former guards to once join me again in the act of protecting this country. For it is yours too." I called out. 

I had thought about this. I could hand draw Aspen Leger. Send him to New Asia for over a year. A year would give me plenty of time to draw America back to me. I wasn't this selfish when it came to my royal blood that was passed down to me. But when it came to America. I had to use every last advantage I had. Even sending someone to die....

-10 Hours Later-

"Your Majesty! How could you take my only son away?! You're a monster!" A woman with her son by her side called out. 

"Allow me," I said, reaching over to talk to her. "Do tell why you feel this way..." I asked politely, hoping that would calm her down. 

"My son is turning 16 in two months. I have worked hard as a 6 and this is how I am treated? You and Queen Kriss have done nothing over your marriage. America would have settled this already!!!" She yelled at me. And I don't think that this was the only person that thought this way. 

"America made it right the first time. You're a dumbass for not choosing her. Half the country hates you as you are. Prince Maxon Calix Schreave." She mocked my name. "The other half hate you for not choosing America. Pick a side for you to hate you most. I promise you, we all hate you now." She said, taking her son by her hand and leaving without a further look. 

The guards glanced at me to see if they wanted me to order them to take her. But I didn't. She had a point I couldn't deny. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

America's POV

"Darling?" Aspen called. 

"Yes?" I called back in response. 

He handed me a letter, and I already knew what this was. A letter of the draft. I've seen it before. Lying on Maxon's desk a few months ago. I didn't think he was going to go through with it....

"Do you have too?" I asked with hope. 

"Yes, it's the law. If I don't...You will be disgraced. The whole country will mock our existence." He explained. 

"But...If you do go, I might never see you again." I say hugging him. 

"America. Answer me this. If something does happen. Promise me you will be happy."He said. 

"Let's not get ahead of ourselves now...." I say, head on his shoulders. 

"Alright. I leave in a few days. We should be able to get settled and ready for the flight. It's just some explaining I bet. Although Maxon might be there." He says. 

"I know..." I say with my head down. "Please, don't get into any trouble. I don't want you caned." I say.

"I would take a canning for you any day of the week. As long as I get to see your face in the end." He says hugging me. 

I bet this was Kriss' doing. She wanted all the happiness sucked out of me. She went for Maxon, She wanted me gone. She was the one behind this, and I hated her for it.