If America Was Sent Home....

America's POV

"Please, Aspen, I can talk to Maxon. I can persuade him into not letting you go. Please, it's going to be dangerous in New Asia. It's not worth it at this point. I just got you, now I have to lose you because of this stupid war?"

"Mer, It's not that I want to go, but it's my country. It's my honor to serve it." He explained.

"But, but, but-" I stuttered, but was then cut off.

"No buts, I'll be home soon, and then we can invite everyone in Carolina to our wedding. Alright?" He asked me.

"But, you already served," I said quietly.

"Then I would happily do it again."

I watched as Aspen slowly left outside to the door, and looking at me while he got into the truck carrying all the soldiers. I felt a tear slowly falling, but I didn't want Aspen to see.

"Bye." He mouthed.

"I love you." I mouthed back.

He smiled the lightest smile possibly, and the truck took off.

As I headed back to our small little house, I took in the burned letter ashes just on top of the fireplace. But there was something on the table. I got some mail, but I was quite curious as to who sent it to me.

Lady America.

As I heard, there is a war coming up and you may need a friend. I am here for you as your friend.

Tugging my ear.

There wasn't even a signed name. But I already knew who it was from, and it was annoying. I debated throwing it in the fire like all the others, but I kept it. I know I shouldn't have, but I did.

And that made it so much worse.

Maxon's POV

My plan went perfectly, and now to send this letter after Aspen Leger left.

"Your Majesty?" A butler called. "A young woman is calling your presence, she appears to be quite angry. She also appears to be with an older woman, perhaps her mother?"

"I'll talk to her now," I said, taking in that this could be America.

----------------------------------------------------

"Hello, I hear that you have requested my presence. Is that correct?"

"How? Send her young brother and my son to war? Do you know how cruel that is? If her brother dies, the entire province will surely revolt over you." The women yelled at me.

"How so?" I said, remaining calm.

"The entire province loved him. He was everyone's favorite. I know people from other provinces that also appreciated what he did for them. He asked for nothing in return but only asked for an ally and a friend. Something you could never be." She said harshly.

"Well, it will be up to make sure our soldiers are safe. You have my promise that your son will be as safe as can be. What's his name?" I asked them.

"Aspen Leger. Thank you, Your Majesty. I appreciate this." She said, walking away.

I thought to myself. Aspen goddamn Leger. This man ruined my life, but I shall ruin his now."

"Your Majesty, the soldiers have just left for New Asia."

Perfect, Now off to send this to America....

Aspen POV

I knew that he would go after America. That's why I had her burn those letters. But silly me didn't put a restraining order on Maxon.

"Soldiers. We're here to protect Maxon and the Queen from harm, and protect our country."

I'll protect the country, I could care less about the royal family.

"Start here in your camps." He said, handing us some materials.

"AMBUSH! RETREAT!!!" I heard a soldier yell.

At first, I was confused, but I knew exactly what had happened. New Asia thought of us as a threat. We had to move.

As I quickly grabbed both my friends from the truck, I realized a searing pain the filled my back.

I was shot.

I had no idea how that happened, but I quickly threw my friends in the safe bunker and we began to fight. I saw a bullet fall on my chest, and I didn't do anything about it. I should have, but that wasn't the point. The point was to honor my country. Whether that meant me dying or not.

I grabbed Tanner's chest with all my strength.
"Letter, In my suitcase. Whatever you do, make sure America gets it...There are more for my family members. MAKE SURE THEY GET THEM!" I yelled and grunted.

I began remembering how jet black the bullet was and was wondering if it was as black as my eyes were viewing. Perhaps, but I might not live to see it.