+31+

the day was going surprisingly well for a school day. well, technically it had only been two hours, but everyone could tell that today was going to be a good day. pete had been 'accidentally falling asleep' on patrick's shoulder during the first two lessons, and none of the teachers batted an eyelid. as long as pete took the important notes - which patrick made sure pete wasn't 'asleep' for - then they really didn't care.

at the end of the second lesson, pete, patrick, dan and phil made their way outside to the bench that they always sat at. it was always funny to see two giants and two really short people walking together. it was even funnier when it was just patrick and dallon. 

to their surprise, hayley was sitting with ryan, tyler and mel. they thought that she would have had enough of their stupid antics before school even started. seems like she wasn't as weirded out as they thought she would be. when they sat down, they saw pretty much the rest of the group walk out of the music building.  

"i got to finally use the drum kit in a music lesson!" josh practically ran towards them, trying to find a space on the bench. generally, there were two put together, but where the second one had gone today, no one knew. to be honest, no one actually brought it up in conversation. pete took this opportunity, and moved closer to patrick, putting his arm around patrick's shoulders. patrick gave him a weird side-glance, but didn't complain. mel gave pete an approving look. god, she was acting like a mother. but it was good. mel would be a better mum to pete than his actual one would ever be, but that's a story for another time. 

"how was it?" tyler asked, shuffling a tiny bit closer to pete so that josh could sit down. everyone else just threw the backpacks off of the table and sat on the top. he knew that josh had always wanted to learn how to play drums properly. but his parents thought it was a waste of money to pay for lessons. they just bought josh a small drum set. of course, josh was grateful for the kit, but he'd always wanted to have a quick go on the full drum set that the school owned - but never really let the students use, unless it was for an official drum lesson.

"it was so fun. like every part of a drum kit was there. sir said that i could use it during the music lessons that we're not doing theory." josh hadn't been this happy in ages. the last time he was this estatic about something was when his parents bought him the smaller drum set. that was a couple of years ago. yes, he'd been happy about other things, but drumming made him the happiest. everyone knew that.

"hey, i hate to interrupt the conversation..." hayley started. everyone turned their heads to face hayley. some people were confused - not knowing who hayley was. "oh, i'm hayley. i met a few of you this morning, and i thought that you were cool so i thought, why not sit with you? that is, if you don't mind?" the confused expressions turned to happy ones, and a chorus of 'his' and 'hellos' circled around the group. 

"anyway, what were you going to ask?" ryan asked, getting back to hayley's original point. 

"i was going to ask who the couples were in the group. just because - i don't know, i'm just intrested. some of them are obvious, well, i think." hayley darted her eyes around the group, looking at who she thought were the couples. first, dan and phil. that was pretty obvious. they were holding hands whenever they walked around the school, and when hayley had seent them around school during the previous weeks, she'd thought that they were an extremely cute couple. she was glad that she'd met them now.

she knew that gee and frank were together. they would always hold hands, and to be honest, they were pretty open about their relationship. no, they weren't one of those couples that would boast about how they were 'couple goals' and what not. that just wasn't them. but they were open in the sense that they didn't hide their relationship. they didn't care what other people thought about them. you'd always catch frank kissing gee whenever they'd been apart for a lesson or two. hayley found that extremely adorable. you see, hayley had shipped them before they actually got together. she'd seen how close they were. in lessons they shared, of course. she didn't follow them home or listen in on their conversations. unless she was sitting next to them. but that was normal, right?