+41+

eventually, everyone went in and said something to ryan. a couple of them went in a couple of times. some of them just wanted to be there. they had no idea what to say exactly, but even then it would just be a small 'get well soon'. just to let ryan know that they were all there for him, no matter what. dallon had messaged brendon around about fifteen minutes after everyone had seen ryan.

Dalpal: i've been arguing with mum and dad for at least an hour. dad thinks that i really should go and see ryan, but mum thinks that school is more important. i told her that i'd get all of my homework and whatever from the teachers beforehand, and that i'll only be out of school for a week, but she won't listen. all i know is that dad is planning a 'road trip' for him and i this week and we won't be back until sunday night - so a whole week. i'm 90% sure that he'll drive me over there. i'm sending virtual hugs to all of you over there. 

Bren: that's great. thanks dallon. but really, if it's too much trouble, don't worry. for a start, ryan will understand. you live in a different part of the state, and it's not always easy. but that 'road trip' sounds like a good plan from your dad. i really like your dad.

Dalpal: thanks, i guess? i'll tell him that. and no, it's not too much trouble. both you and ryan are my closest friends. i think it's time for a reunion anyways.

Bren: true.

brendon sighed, sitting back in his seat. there was nothing else that they could really do. visiting time would be over in about ten minutes, and ryan's parents had been in there for over twenty minutes now. brendon knew that he shouldn't be annoyed - it was their child that was in a coma, not his. but brendon couldn't help it. he was worried about ryan - more than he could admit. but he was also mad at himself. why didn't he notice anything? now he knew, the little things seemed so obvious! messages getting slightly shorter and less frequent. and the fact that most of the time, ryan would be up for a conversation with the group chat, but lately he just hadn't been joining in as much. the most active that he had been was when the other ryan joined, and they fought over who was the 'real ryan'. thinking about that made brendon smile. just a little bit. but he was still annoyed at himself. pete seemed to notice that, and came over to sit by brendon.

"are you thinking that it's your fault?" pete asked, putting a hand on brendon's shoulder and turning him so that they could talk face to face. brendon nodded in reply. pete looked exasperated. "bren, it's really not. i promise. you're probably thinking about all of the things that might have given you signs that ryan really wasn't okay. you're probably annoyed at yourself for not noticing it then. but trust me, none of us did. and although that makes all of us feel like absolute shit friends, i know that the signs are only obvious now." brendon nodded again, and hugged pete. and although the talk with pete had made him feel a little bit better, he still felt bad. he'd been friends with ryan for the longest - he should've known.

brendon must have got carried away thinking, because after what seemed like two seconds, the nurses were asking them to leave because visiting time was over. they all left, and billie told them that they could take the week off school, as long as they caught up on work and homework and came back the next week. everyone thanked him and agreed, before officially leaving. brendon knew the visiting times, and he'd be back tomorrow - no doubt that the majority of the others would be doing the same.

~~~~~~~~~~

in the end, the group decided to stay round halsey's house for the night. it would be best to spend time together for a while. they all played games like it was a generic sleepover. they needed something to take their minds off of everything. so there was games of truth or dare - which resulted in a football being kicked over to the neighbor's garden at 1am, and brendon having to climb over the fence to go and get it. they also watched the office until 5am - when everyone but patrick had fallen asleep, so he switched off netflix and closed his eyes.

~~~~~~~~~~

"ashley? why are there so many people on the couch for three people? how are they sleeping like that?" halsey - who was lying across the top of pete and patrick - woke up and fell off the couch with a yelp. of course, that make patrick jump, waking up both pete and mel. mel's foot moved, and knocked the six foot giants (ryan, dan and phil) off the sofa, which resulted in everyone else falling off the sofa, as they all fell asleep sitting on their legs. 

"oh, they stayed over." halsey dragged herself off the floor. "we fell asleep watching tv." halsey's father just shook his head in despair.

"i'll make you all pancakes. i'm assuming that you're going to see ryan - he's the one in hospital, isn't he? visiting time starts in an hour. now, all of you need to wake up and look presentable before ashley's mother wakes up and murders you all for sleeping on her couch. also, if any of you are dating, don't do anything, please. in this house, you're just friends. again, my wife wouldn't approve. i don't mind, we just don't want to anger nicole." he then directed his attention to halsey. "and please tell me when you're having friends over." and with that, he walked into the kitchen and turned the oven on.

~~~~~~~~~~

eventually, they got to the hospital. there wasn't many updates on ryan, except that he had now changed wards. he was no longer in the 'critical' ward, and had now moved to the 'stable' one. there, ryan was with around five other people, and he wasn't hooked up to quite as many machines. the group started to discuss what five of them could go in first, before a nurse interrupted them.

"guys - you're all allowed in. as long as you're not loud and rowdy, you're allowed in there. however, if one of the machines starts beeping in any way, please get out of the room as soon as you can. nurses will be coming in there immediately, and they don't want to have to deal with about twenty teenagers. also, if someone asks for you to leave - whether they be a doctor, nurse or a family member of another patient, you do so. they might want a little bit of privacy. it's usually not that busy in there, so you might get a couple of surprised looks." the group nodded, and followed her down the corridor. they were all used to getting stared at.

"thank you. can he hear us, or no? we did some research yesterday, but i don't know whether he would in the state he's in?" jon asked, because he knew that everyone was most likely thinking the same thing.

"maybe. even if he can't, he could come round faster if he knows that there's a familiar aura around him. of course, that's just a theory, not definitive." the nurse shrugged and walked away before anyone could thank her again.

~~~~~~~~~~

"who thought eating tide pods was a good idea in the first place?" pete said, after they'd all sit down - or sprawled themselves accross the floor and empty bed next to ryan's.

"honestly i don't know, but it's stupid." hayley shrugged.

"i mean, they do look like fruit." spencer said. everyone looked at him weirdly. "to children! like pills look like sweets to them! it's the same thing! that's what i meant!"

"never let spence live on his own, please." dan (howell) rolled his eyes and leaned back in his chair.

"got it." jon said, quite literally writing down the note on his arm. 'never let spencer live on his own. he thinks tide pods are fruit.'

"no i don't!"

"but that's what you said!" halsey smirked.

"jesus christ." spencer shook his head.

"no, i'm satan." brendon shot back. spencer just put his head in his hands.

a/n - i'm genuinely so sorry for how late this is. i've just been so stressed with school and i couldn't really cope for a while.

on the upside, though, i'm going to see fall out boy + against the current live in london! and i'm really excited. 

mania is absolutely amazing. my favourite song is either stay frosty or bishops knife trick. it was worth waiting for nine months. it's like we were waiting for them to give birth to a child. 

i regret saying that