+37+

the group stood up. the nurse who'd called them looked pretty surpised that there were so many people there to see ryan. to be honest, there wasn't usually that many people waiting to see just one person. and not all of them were there. ryan seaman and the taller frank weren't here yet, and neither were josh and tyler (thanks to the people who pointed that out, i need to cover up my mistake now). thinking about them, where were they? they said that they were on their way when mrs ross told them what was going on. what if something had happened to them too? now wasn't the time to fret about that. they could've got stuck in traffic or something. right now, the group needed to focus on ryan.

"i was going to say that ryan was stable enough to see people now, but - unfortunately - we can't have this many people in to see him at one time. i'm sorry." at least she looked genuinely sorry about not being able to let them in. unlike the receptionist. "only four or five of you are allowed in at one time. he's still in a coma, but chances are, he'll be able to hear you. if you want to talk to him, that is."

"well, mr and mrs ross obviously need to go in first. ryan's their son." billie joe answered the question that all of them were silently asking in their heads. "would you mind if anyone else went in, or do you want time alone with him?" he asked, before he told someone else to go in there. it wasn't really up to billie joe to decide who went in there, but he knew that if he had next choice, it would definitely be brendon going in there. he seemed the most upset about this. then he'd probably choose pete or halsey. but again, it wasn't up to him, it was up to the parents and the teenagers. 

"we'd like to spend a few minutes on our own with him. thank you mr armstrong." mr ross answered, taking his wife's hand and following the nurse to the room that ryan was currently situated in. brendon looked as if he had cheered up a little, knowing that ryan was in a stable position, but he still looked extremely anxious. that was expected, though. brendon understood why ryan's parents wanted to see him first, but he really wanted them to hurry up so that he could see ryan too. he wasn't usually rude about these types of things, but ryan was his best friend, and this was something major.

patrick took the time to text josh and tyler, and ask where they were. they weren't generally the last to any meet-ups or anything, and patrick knew that this wasn't exactly a planned 'meet-up', but they did say that they were on their way, and they wouldn't lie. that's just not tyler and josh.

pattycake: josh and tyler, where are you? we've been told some more things about ryan's condition. he's stable right now, and people are allowed in to come and see him. just not all of us at the same time. mr and mrs ross are in there now, but we should be able to go in and see him in a few minutes.

.:tyjo:.: we're nearly there. we had to explain to our parents why we wanted to skip church. my mum said it was alright, so that's why we said that we were on our way. we thought that josh's parents would say the same thing as mine. butthey didn't think it was a good enough reason, so we had to sit through an hour and a half of that. i would've come, but i can't drive. so obviouslty, i had to be driven by josh. we're on our way now though, see you in about fifteen minutes, if we don't get stuck in traffic. happy to hear that ryan's stable though. can you tell us what's happened when we get there?

pattycake: i was planning to. see you! :)

patrick told everyone where josh and tyler were, because phones had to be on silent, and no one was going to read any messages at this point in time, were they? brendon was nervously tapping his feet, and in the silent waiting room, it was probably getting on everyone else's nerves. but who could blame him? if they knew what had happened to his best friend, they wouldn't be giving him dirty glares across the room. 

~~~~~

fifteen minutes later - as promised - tyler and josh jogged into the reception, and joined the group in the corner. this gained an eyeroll from the arrogant receptionist, and a few sighs from the other people in the same room as them. they weren't even being noisy. just because they're a bunch of teenagers wearing black, it doesn't mean that that they're going to start a riot or something. stereotypes can go fuck themselves. having any stereotypes whatsoever were stupid. half the time, none of them are true. not even in the slightest. but that's a rant for another chapter, isn't it? any one in that group would be willing to bet money that if they were all there in pink, blue and white, all of the people in the waiting room would be giving them sympathetic looks. but looks are all that matter to people nowadays.