Rain!

Everytime the rain falls down, he would call out for his mom and dad and run outside their house barefooted, and dance under the pouring rain. There were huge smiles, resounding laughters, and intertwined hands. A picture of a happy and perfect family that every person would wish for. But just like the rain, happiness doesn't last forever. He lost his mother and father at the age of 8 and the rain he loves so much becomes the most terrifying thing for him. His heart was shuttered and his soul was broken. He blames the rain for the death of his beloved parents. If only it wastn't raining that night then that horrible accident wouldn't have happened. Few days have gone by but he still cries when the rain falls and cascades down his window. He was terrified. Years past by and he grew up still hating the rain, and even wished for the rain to never fall again. Ever. Until he saw this girl on a stormy night in the middle of the road, all soaked by the rain. She was crying. She was lost. She runaway from everything that made her heart broken and wanted to end her pain but couldn't. He helped her. And after that night, everything has changed. This girl made him love the rain he used to love, again. And the boy gave the girl more reason to live and to love, again. Sometimes, two scared heart can find each other and heal together.

And I'm just here, sitting quietly beside my window and watching closely as they held each others hand with their soul completely healed.

Jon
08/11/17