Chapter 2 - Goodbye

(Only chapter 2 and i'm already warning you all of feels!!! Omg roller coaster. Anyway, enjoy! if your feels can take it. I warned you ;))

  Obi-Wan launched the ship into hyperspace on its way to the nearest hospital, Polis Massa to find Padmé some serious medical attention, the twins were ready to be born, right now. 

  The stars stretched out for miles as the shining stars began to elongate into long blue and white lines. Once the volcanic planet of Mustafar was long behind them and out of sight, Obi-Wan's gaze fell to his old apprentice. He hadn't moved since be plopped down into the co-piolets seat permitting Obi-Wan to fly, a rarity for the young man. 

  Anakin mumbled incoherently for more than three quarters of the entire ride and it was beginning to drive Obi-Wan's impeccable patience through the roof of the ship. Most likely he was reliving and reflecting about the awful horrors he both inflicted and endured. 

  Obi-Wan still didn't know what to do about Anakin. How does one punish a broken psychopath? Obi-Wan knew by rights, he should kill Anakin. Drive his sapphire lightsaber through his heart and watch him bleed. But he didn't have the emotional strength to deliver the killing blow to his own brother, nor could he bear watching Anakin be publicly humiliated in brutal execution. Even though, that's exactly what he deserved, Obi-Wan couldn't do it. He needed something else to show him his error, to punish him and make him repent for his sins against the Jedi, the order, the galaxy... and his friends. 

  Ever so slowly, Anakin finally stopped bumbling and lifted his heavy skull from his hands. Just as predicted, he'd been crying, mulling things over on repeat like a broken record to torment him. A punishment he often bestowed upon himself, however this time he wouldn't get off so easily. Obi-Wan just stopped his inner monologue for a moment to look at Anakin's bowed head. Despite the shaggy blonde waves in his face, Obi-Wan could still pick out his face was streaked with tears, face and eyes puffy. His golden locks were disheveled and whipped across his face. It may have been the most heartbreaking, pathetic sight he'd ever seen, but he demanded his mind to remain undisturbed. As much as Obi-Wan didn't want to think about it, it cut him deep to see the once triumphant and brash genius known as the hero with no fear in this vulnerable, pitiful state. 

  Anakin turned to look at him in the face now, but he wouldn't dare, nor did he have the courage or self-permission to look him in those disappointed orbs. Obi-Wan winced at his appearance as he got a full look, something Anakin didn't catch thankfully. Finally, his mouth moved to form a raspy request. "Master... I know I don't deserve it but can I go see Padmé? I just want to see her that's all. I just need to tell her i'm sorry."

  Obi-Wan glared incredulously at the previous hero before him. "And what makes you think she'll listen to you?"

  Anakin shifted uncomfortably. "She can't. Shes asleep." He attempted to crack a smile of good-nature but failed spectacularly. He looked away for a second into the blue and white wormhole  cursing his sarcasm at a grim time like this. He'd always known how to brighten a hopeless situation, but this time he was out of ideas. He cleared his throat that was dry as a sack of sand and faced Obi-Wan once more, though this time, not even raising his head. "Master please. I won't ask for anything else. I don't deserve anything else anyway except a cruel punishment that i'll except without hesitation. I just want- no need to see her." his voice was barely above a begging whisper. 

  Obi-Wan's mind instantly screamed 'NO, YOU BLOODTHIRSTY MURDERER HOW AM i SUPPOSED TO KNOW YOU WON'T CHOKE HER AND KILL HER!?' But Obi-Wan couldn't bring himself to kick another man while he's down. Especially if that man was once his caring brother. 

  Anakin linked his hands together in a piteous begging gesture which Obi-Wan pried his eyes away slightly. This man had once possessed pride. Honor and respect. Now he was a feeble, pitiful shell. It was... heartbreaking. He swore Anakin was using his best puppy dog pout, pleading with his glassy baby blues but whatever it was, Obi-Wan's cold exterior crumbled around them.