Chapter 13- Operation Bonding Time

That had been an awkward dinner.

As the twins sat down for one of their mothers fancy Sunday dinners of fresh salmon, they could feel the tension squeezing them all. Anakin kept sneaking glances at Padmé as she chewed slowly, the tautness in her jaw slowed the normal pace as her jaw clicked from the strain. The intensity rolled off both parents in waves of a tsunami, pouring down on them like that planet their father talked about last week. Luke believed he'd called it Kamino.

Padmé knew he was starring at her but she intentionally ignored his gaze. She really hurt him a few minutes ago, and perhaps she owed him an apology, but then again he had initiated an advance that she wasn't ready for, he didn't even have a right to try. She would've slapped him like her other masculine 'interests' if she hadn't been so captivated by his damn alluring sensuality. So what's done is done. She couldn't take it back, and he needed to hear it. So she continued to chew, faking her apathy as she focused all her attention on her food.

"So... How was your day you two?" Anakin asked, attempting to create some small talk and end the wretched silence that engulfed the Skywalker dinner table.

The twins shared a glance, knowing what he was trying to do.

"Fine." Leia answered just as coolly as her mother would've.

Anakin nodded, wishing she would've said something else. The bitterness surprised him a little, they'd been getting along well for the last month or so since that night on the terrace. "How about yours Luke?" He asked, trying again.

Luke nodded, still focused on his salmon. "It was decent. Nothing much happened today."

Anakin bit back a chuckle. Oh a lot happened today, thank the force they didn't hear anything.

"How about you Padmé?" Anakin asked his wife from force of habit during the clone wars. They each shared an exciting day back in those times and whenever they finally got together, it would be added to a leisure dinner conversation as they enjoyed some of Padmé's Nabooian delicacies or if Anakin stopped at Dex's.

Padmé shot him a death glare over her dinner, lips pursed and attitude screaming 'You know damn well how my day was Anakin.' Anakin instantly realized his mistake and glued his focus to his supper just like the rest of his dysfunctional family that loathed him.

The time dragged on in silence as they could all clearly heard the clock ticking slowly to a beat. Not a sound was perceived until Leia cleared her throat loudly.

She wiped his mouth with the blue napkin and excused herself. "Thanks mom, delicious as always."

Padmé nodded. "Thank you sweetheart."

"Pick up your dishes." Anakin reminded as Padmé threw him another nasty look.

"What?! Just wanted to make less work for you after!" He defended, popping the last spoonful of fish in his mouth to shut himself up.

Leia rolled her eyes, smirking, to which no one took notice of as she strode down the hallway to her and her brothers room after she dumped her dishes in the sink.

Back at the table, Anakin finished his lunch and levitated the dish above the table to throw it in the sink as well.

Padmé furrowed her brows in disapproval at his actions tonight for almost the one hundredth time but Luke's jaw just dropped in awe at the mysterious, scientific impossibility he was witnessing right now.

"Anakin! I said no telekinesis at the table!" His wife chided, slamming her fork on the table, just about finished with his shenanigans.

Anakin rolled his eyes, past annoyed from earlier. "Oh come on you said that when were on Naboo as teenagers-"