Chapter 16- Help Me Sleep

Okay guys! I'm somewhat back! I'm not finished the rewrite but this chapter is just a little something for you guys because you have all been super supportive of me and my writing. Thank you all so much for the encouragement and now: here we go!! And also, the chapters do get longer and better!!!

The room was silent, not counting the ruffling sheets as former senator Amidala tossed and turned restlessly in her queen sized bed. A bed usually fit for two but sadly only occupied one.

"Stop! Come back. I love you!" She whimpered, trapped in a horrific memory.

"Lier!" 27 year old Padmé Amidala- Skywalker whipped around, her chocolate eyes bulging out of their sockets in white terror as her old friend, young master Kenobi stood displeased in the doorway of her ship, a deep scowl planted on his normally serene features.

He stormed down the ramp of her silver Nabooian ship while she turned back to focus on her husband, whose fury was escalating the longer time went on. She could only stare tantalized and discombobulated as her loving husbands eyes that once only personified love, raged with an inferno of sick orange and yellow hate. The flames erupted in his ferocious irises almost as harsh as the fire spurting up behind him.

Her lips moved to form words but all that was vocalized was a desperate "No!" She had implored him- begged him to go with her. To run away and help her raise their child while there was still time to run and he seemed like he was about to say something when his old master- his best friend- intercepted.

She had foolishly believed that if he left with her, they could finally have peace. But as the years dragged on and the war grew ever faster she began to come to the realization that peace was a lie. It was a mere illusion, there was only passion now. Dark passion that would drive the purist of beings to tyrants. Which is exactly what her lover had become.

She listened in horror as he began to scream accusations of adultery, and heartbreaking betrayal at her, his own wife. How far was he gone? Could she save him still?

"You're with him! You brought him here to kill me!" Her husband paced furiously as his hair flew out tinted with red from the inflamed planet.

"Anakin, no!" She began to sob but choked on it. Anakin Skywalker, newly deemed Darth Vader raised an onyx glove, wrapping his invisible claw around her trachea, severing her air supply, and vehement plea.

She stared straight through his fierce yellow eyes, begging him with her soft brown ones to let her go, to stop and come back to being her husband who she loved. She clutched her throat with her own hands, where normally she'd find a physical grip that she could pry free, consisting of black gloves, dark as night, cold and mechanical as the sociopaths heart.

But she only found the soft skin of her neck, scolding from the fire that encompassed them. Both physical magma and the hatred radiating off of Darth Vader.

From her peripheral vision she noticed Obi-Wan's mouth move, most likely to tell him to stop. But her ears rung, tuning him out as she stared at him helplessly. Her love for him, nothing more than a fleeting pile of dust blowing away in the scorching breeze.

"Let. Her. Go."

Finally the claw loosened but by then, her face was more blue than his eyes ever were. She watched his yellow glare, cold and smoldering, hair and cloak billowing behind him as she crumpled to the ground.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The blackness vanished almost as abruptly as it nearly swallowed her up into oblivion. She shot up in bed, hot tears streaming down her face as his menacing glare pierced her heart, even through her dreams. She breathed heavily, craving the ever elusive air supply she had remaining, glad to know the claw was no longer restricting.