Chapter 11- A Father's Love

Sometimes the dreams were pleasant.

 Sometimes he'd be grinning ear to ear in unexplainable joy. They sat together on a little wooden bench out back where the lake gleamed, she would see her brother and mother over by the sand, building little sand castles and moats while she remained wrapped in his arms a few yards away at only 8 years of age. 

She snuggled up to him and stared up at his beaming face, his blonde hair forever in his sparkling blue eyes. He'd smile again, chuckling a deep hearty laugh as her brother raced towards them both, squealing as her mother chased him down the meadow in a little peach sundress.

This is what should've happened... 

 Luke barged into them, hugging Anakin's torso giggling as his father reached down to ruffle his blonde locks. Her mother swooped into her fathers embrace moments later, bringing her finger to guide his chin to kiss her lips. "Love you." He said between his grin. She beamed back at him and jumped to on her tiptoes to kiss his cheek. "Love you too." 

Suddenly the scene switched. A thick black smog rose up through them all, ripping Luke from his father and Padmé from her husband. Leia screamed as her feet lifted from Naboo's surface. They all joined her scream as they were swallowed up in the thick inky blackness. The scene was now terrifying. A black and red lava land, built up entirely of the darkside lay before her. 

"Lier!" A horrible scream echoed along the lava of Mustfar. A planet she had never been to but was told about once before by her uncle. 

The molten lava exploded behind a young man, whose golden blonde locks reflected off the crimson geography, tinted with an eerie red and black glow as he paced furiously back and forth. 

"You're with him! you brought him here to kill me!" His ferocious accusation hit his mentor hard as he stood there in disbelief. Certain this wasn't his protegé that stood before him, nostrils flaring, a sneer implanted on his face as his death glare oscillated between himself and the young mans wife. 

"No! Anakin I-" She was silence as an invisible grip snaked its way around her trachea and squeezed. The pregnant woman clawed at her throat desperately, entreating with only her eyes and a tiny plea. She summoned all the strength she had remaining to just cry his name. "Anakin..." 

The brute continued to squeeze her oxygen from her forcefully, grit teeth behind his scowl, only infuriated further when a demand was presented to him.

"Let her go Anakin!" 

"Mother!" Leia stared at him horrified. He looked so furious she was afraid if she moved he crush her too.

But Anakin wouldn't yield. He wouldn't do as his old master had bid him now. He'd done that his whole life, he never truly got to live his life. He always had a supiror, always had a master looking down at him sadistically. But not anymore. Not ever again. He was the master now, he was in control and he made the rules. His love had betrayed him, fled from his warm touch to another. She had brought this doom upon herself, he was only delivering justice as he clutched his fist tighter, the ultimatum came again louder, and harsher, though this time, he decided to play his game. 

"Let. Her. Go."

Anakin gradually unlatched his gloved grip on his wife's throat, dropping his hand back to his side, only to constrict in an unforgiving fist. The second his wife was free of his vice grip, she collapsed to the cold hard ground, despite the planets inner core blazing hotter than the desert wastelands.

Her head collided with the stone of the landing platform and lost her grip on consciousness. At the blink of an eyes, her mother transformed into mere dust, defying every human limitation she'd ever been taught. Watching her mother adjoining with the black smoke curling around them all. A breeze Leia was unaware of blew her mothers ashes away as if she were nonexistent in the first place