Chapter 20- The Will To Jump

Silence enveloped the Skywalker twins after their short argument as Luke began to steer their fathers ship through Theed, certain that was the correct direction and receiving confirmation from the force. Leia sat next to him in the co-pilot seat, arms folded and tapping her fingers anxiously on her opposing arm. A frown printed on her gorgeous face, lost, confused and scared. The silence was getting to be unbearably loud and the lack of answers from the endeavor was infuriating.

"What the hell is going on?!" She yelled, throwing her arms up in helpless confusion, done with the stillness of the ship, hating how the only sound was the engine purring softly.

Luke glanced over at his sister, clasping the controls tightly and fighting for his own calm. "I don't know." He responded lamely.

Leia scoffed. Obviously she knew that. She wasn't sure what she was hoping to accomplish from the pointless question but she continued to flap her gums, feeling this was how she was trying to cope with having both her parents snatched away from her by some old nemesis of her fathers. She didn't recognize the lip-line of the figure clad in black, but the fury had radiated off of her father as apparently he did.

"Why did that... that miscreant take mom?!"

Fed up with questions he couldn't answer, Luke threw himself back against his seat, gesturing around aimlessly before throwing his arms up in exasperation. "I don't know Leia! Why is the grass green? Why is the sky blue? Why did dad jump out of the window and grab onto a vehicle going over two-hundred miles per hour!"

Th outburst of rhetorical questions seemed to finally shut her up and for that, Luke was grateful. Now he could focus on trying to track down their parents. Leia huffed in her seat childishly. "We shouldn't be doing this." She muttered, turning her glare from him to the suddenly interesting city.

Luke turned his attention back to her. "No? Then tell me goody two shoes, what are we supposed to do when our mother is kidnapped and our father just lost his marbles! Because clearly, no sane person would jump out a window and cling to a big random ship going way over the speed limit!"

Leia was speechless at her brothers uncharacteristic outrage, but she was only stunned for a second. "Dad told us to remain at home and I wouldn't argue with him when he's so... diligent." She visibly shuddered, remembering the choleric glare that pierced her heart whenever she saw it, luckily though it wasn't an often occurrence anymore.

Luke cocked a curious brow, having seen slight resentment appear back into her chocolate colored eyes. "What do you mean by that?"

"It doesn't matter" Leia waved him off, crossing her arms again and slouching low in the comfy seat.

Luke immediately burned with curiosity. "What did you mean by... diligent?"

Leia's fierce glare startled him as he forced himself to remain vigilant. "I said it doesn't matter! Just drive." She demanded, her inner bossiness floating through her angry tone.

Leia sighed through her nose, stressed with all the memories and the knowledge of what just happened. Maybe he'd never find out what she meant by that. Leia swallowed. He idolized Anakin. It would be best for him not to know what she meant.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A stream of huttese profanities tumbled from Anakin's mouth as he held onto the noir slick, slippery speeder with only his flesh hand.

Not lucky enough to grab with my mechanical hand. Anakin thought bitterly.

Whoever was driving Sidious's getaway ship, Anakin had to give them credit. They repeatedly jostled the ship relentlessly, trying to buck Anakin off as he continued to dangle through mid-air and he was revolted to admit his strength was faltering. When was the last time he rode outside a ship at full speed with one hand? Oh yes, he was nineteen!