Chapter 7- Surprises

Ahsoka Tano darted through the fluressently blanch lit corridors of the rebellion medical center, absolutely elated to be back on Yavin 4. 

  She, Bail Organa and a few other superior governors had gone to Kamino to retrieve another ally. While they refused to join for their own planets safety, they had agreed to supply some simple medical necessities for the rebels. However due to them already being caught in the iron grasp of the empire, and higher priorities, they would need to use smugglers and secret trade routes used in the time of the clone wars by the Neimoidians, on top of that, the time they gave them was unsatisfactory. However seeing it was take it or leave it, they took it with minimal success.  

Despite the wait, Ahsoka was still in a rather chipper mood when she reached the bland building. She was alerted a little while into her mission that Anakin had been awake and for the most part, coherent and she just couldn't wait to see him staring out the little window with his hands clasped behind his back and cursing how mind numbing the stark whit encircling him was. Last time she saw him, he was particularly pessimistic and disoriented. This time, she had news for him. 

She all but burst through the door, out of breath from the uniform motion sprint from the hanger to here. No words could describe how she was flooded with delight and relief to see him with his clouded blue eyes open, squinting in an annoyed fashion.  

"Master! I have a surprise for you!" Ahsoka announced in a sing-song voice. According to the healer, he'd been drifting in and out of reality since he woke up three days ago. Lucky for the snippy Jedi, he seemed perfectly competent, well as competent as one could be in his condition. His eyes were not glazed over and he seemed well aware of the utter boredom going on around him. 

He grumbled and rubbed the sleep from his sky blue eyes and gave his little sister a groggy look. If she made him choke down that awful soup like the healer in training did, he was gonna go find his lightsaber. They had snatched it from his belt during what treatment they could do for him a little while after Ahsoka left. Just great, he already felt that pounding headache coming back. 

"What is it snips? And like I said, you don't have to call me master anymore. You're a knight now and i'm hardly even a Jedi anymore." He informed her, half- awake. It was sadly true. While he still had his lightsaber, people called him 'master Skywalker' and Mace taught him vaapad, he would still never be a Jedi ever again in his own eyes. 

Ahsoka smiled warmly down at him. "I know I dont have to Anakin. It just reminds me of a better time in our lives. Y'know. The good ol' days." She looked off for a moment as if reminiscing it internally. 

Anakin managed a pained smile at the warm memories it surfaced. For the first time since the accident, he began to sooth, feel some light seep into this disease ridden prison block. That is until Ahsoka flopped down on his bed, unknowable of where his broken leg rested so peacefully. His eyes flew wide open, then immediately snapped shut with a grimace and small yelp of flaring pain. 

Ahsoka instantly shot up, mumbling apologetically as she tried to stifle her laughter, avoiding her friends earned scowl. She giggled sheepishly as he rubbed his temples searching for calm and trying to numb the agony behind his eyes and in his leg. Once he could breath without hissing, he spoke. 

"Okay Ahsoka, in the short 30 seconds you've been here, you crushed my leg, worsened my headache, and soured my mood. What is the extravagant surprise you're so ecstatic about?!"

Ahsoka crossed her arms over her chest in a sarcastic fashion and chuckled lightly. "My aren't we grouchy today?"

Anakin mirrored her stubborn body language with his own scowl, however losing some of his usual intimidation from his vulnerable position on his back with slight elevation.