detention -» jenwon

>>written in alternate universe
genre: humor
pairing: jennie x wonu

Wonwoo walked by the hallway of the campus with books in hand, in a rush to somewhere

Wonwoo walked by the hallway of the campus with books in hand, in a rush to somewhere. He was just like the ordinary high school students out there, suffering from life's good beating in both academics and personal life. He also used to have bad records in his previous school where people have recognized him as a "slacker", but has decided to renew himself when his mother passed away. Not to mention that he is already in his senior year, he has to force himself to at least cope up with the passing grades and hold on for dear life until the semester ends.

Catching up for his first class, his steps halted once a person grabbed his arm. He sighed in defeat as he turned to face the person after a short second. This happens to him almost every day.

"You're late, Mr. Jeon," the man hissed, with eyes shooting a glare at him; yet instead of being intimidated, he only rolled his eyes and pulled out of his grip. The school president shook his head because of that behavior. "You're-"

"Detention, of course," he forced a laugh and shrugged as if he's been frequently visiting detention when the truth is that it was his first time after 3 years. "Alright. May the odds be ever in your favor, Wonwoo," he peptalked before returning to his business. The school president had rubbed his palm against his face in disappointment seeing the young man turn up his heel nonchalantly.

Right after the sessions, Wonwoo headed to the detention office and settled himself by the nearest seat, handling the disciplinary slip that was given to him earlier by the dean. He took out a small breath before he tapped his fingers on the desk, patiently waiting for the instructor-in-charge to come over. Not a minute later, the room's door gradually shot open. His eyes averted to that direction to see the person who arrived. A lady in gray top and black jeans caught his vision, presumably on the same age as him or younger as what he has observed. Her face conveyed that she is a good person, but that was only an impression. He wasn't really interested with her arrival, until he saw the duffel bag that the student was currently bearing. His brows quirked with the sight. He began to ponder for a while. Why did she bring a duffel bag with her? He thought to himself.

The girl then sat on the spot next to him, dragging the bag against the floor of the room. She was having a hard time bearing that stuff, probably something heavy was placed inside of it. Wonwoo facepalmed inwardly, half amused and half annoyed with her presence. She then placed the bag in between Wonwoo's seat and hers.

"H-hey," the girl raised a hand towards him, beaming a genuine smile.

"Uh," he pondered, looking at her uneasily. "Hey."

She then stretched her arm to his side in which Wonwoo had flinched a little.
"What are you do-"

"I'm Jennie Kim, a junior, your friendly neighbourhood from the Literature Club!" She cheerfully started. Her smile went wider, showing almost all her teeth, still not taking back her palm. So Wonwoo had no choice but to get friendly as well, even though the girl seemed ridiculous.