i rest my case -» jaennie

In dedication to tunthoon
I hope you'll like it!

𝗧𝗶𝘁𝗹𝗲: I Rest My Case𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗿𝗮𝗰𝘁𝗲𝗿𝘀: Kim Jennie and Jung Jaehyun

𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗿𝗮𝗰𝘁𝗲𝗿𝘀: Kim Jennie and Jung Jaehyun

"Is this how we are going to meet?" Jaehyun heaved a sigh as he saw Jennie, his arch enemy, entering his office. It turned out Jennie was his client for this day until the civil trial.

Jennie quickly swerved her body towards the door, attempting to leave as soon as he saw Jaehyun. "I think I got the wrong office."

But the police officer was quick enough to halt her heels. "No, Kim. You're in the right office."

"I can't believe you were referring to him when you mentioned best lawyer, intellectual and high-profile?" Jennie rolled her eyes. "You know what, I don't plan to work with him."

She was about to leave when Jaehyun laughed and blurted out as he sat comfortably in one of his leather couches in the office, "Oh no, darling. His statements were highly factual. And I cannot force you to work with me because indeed," he nodded and threw his hands in the air, "I'm too skillful for you and an unemployed woman like you cannot afford to lend me a handsome pay. Only those financially stable persons can hire me. It's something that Jennie Kim can't do."

Jennie tried to hold her breath for a moment, shutting her eyes as she tried to regulate her temper.

"As far as I'm concerned, she is quite impressive in running away from her problems," Jaehyun shrugged. "I guarantee she'd rest this case, too."

His words did not fail to ring Jennie's ears as her hands turned into ball of fists. "You—" She quickly jumped to him and reached out his neck with both hands, strangling him as tight as possible.

The police officer quickly bowed and left the room upon seeing the sudden intrusion. "I guess I'd be leaving you."

Jaehyun hardly gasped for air, gripping on her wrists before swatting her away from him. "You're a nuisance!" Jaehyun blew an amount of air, fixing his tux and dusting off his pants.

She left the office that day to find more accessible well-trained lawyers. She was referred to a public lawyer this time, but the lawyer himself turned the case down as he concluded it as a hopeless position.

It was heartbreaking. She can't afford to hire good lawyers because of financial difficulties. If only she had the right amount of money, she would. As for now, Jennie lived with her aunt while searching for the right lawyer. She helps them too in a coffee shop business along the city.

"Espresso, please. Hey. Espresso." Turns out it was Jaehyun on the line. "Are you alright?"

Jennie was zoning out and excused herself for a moment. The management told her to get a day off after observing that her skin was hot and flushing. She followed their orders and got changed to her casual jeans and top, before silently leaving the shop. Her presence caught Jaehyun's attention but he shrugged it off and presented his orders to the cashier. "Make it two, please."