Chapter 2 : The Cheeky One

Timmy came to Selena's house, his costumer, later that evening

"Timmy, welcome!" Selena warmly greets Timmy as she saw him as soon as she opened the door. Timmy was carrying his cooler full of loads, that needs to be refrigerated as soon as possible.

"You know the way. Do you need help?" Selena asks,

"No, thank you. I'm fine," Timmy answered truthfully. He hired two culinary students for this job. Two culinary students who are not from Shanghai so he knows that everything they'll ask will be about his cooking. Timmy avoided hiring Shanghai locals because they think he have this magic, or they will find a way to steal an apple from his garden to know the biggest event of their lives once they took a bite.

Timmy headed straight to the kitchen and unloads his cooler. The kitchen looks livelier because of the heat and aroma that came from his dishes.

Selena liked to served her own dish so Timmy just prepared the salads on the salad plates and he makes sure that everything is ready before Selena can tell her visitors that they could sit.

The menu for tonight consists of salad, yucca soup, pork tenderloins with stuffed nasturtiums, chives and goat cheese, lemon-verbena sorbet and the violet white cake for the dessert. Timmy was busy monitoring the dish on the oven, plating the dishes and serving and taking out the plates once the visitors are finished. This feast is formal like the others, the only difference is that they are all art professors. Casual and smart. The good thing is that he was busy, because he was not good at making conversations.

Timmy was aware that a pair of eye was gazing at him. The pair of eye belongs to the person sitting two chairs away from Selena. Most of the visitors look at the dish while he was entering the hall, but this guy was watching him. This guy had a hair that looks so soft when you touched it, he had broad shoulders, a well toned body, kissable lips that looks too good for a man, and he had this smile. A cheeky one. Timmy thought that this guy was trouble. He noted it mentally.

"Have we met?" the cheeky guy asked, smiling too sweetly and opting Timmy to smile back.

"I don't think so," Timmy replied blankly.

"Hey, I forgot to introduce you to Mr. Timmy Xu." Selena meddles. The girl had some alcohol. One can see it clearly just by looking at her pink cheeks. "I hire him for every department gathering. Timmy, this is Johnny Huang. It's his first in Shanghai." She added.

Timmy just nodded his head. He was not used getting all the attentions.

"Xu," Timmy heard Johnny whispering his last name. Timmy loved to leave the hall immediately but Johnny caught him by the arm. "Of course!" Johnny said, now laughing. "You're my neighbor! I live beside you. Century Avenue, right? You live on that old house?" Johnny asking Timmy, still holding his arm.

Timmy was surprised by the way Johnny holds him so he just nods again. Johnny felt Timmy stiffened from his touch so he let Timmy go.

"I bought the white house next to yours, but it was color blue now. I just moved last week," Johnny said smiling. Timmy just look at him.