Chapter 7: Kelly's Agenda and Timmy's Visitor

Late that night, Kelly couldn't wait to get Dominic in bed while reminding herself that it had nothing to do with Mei-Ren being back

Late that night, Kelly couldn't wait to get Dominic in bed while reminding herself that it had nothing to do with Mei-Ren being back. Once they arrived home, she checked on their boys, who were already asleep in their rooms. She started undressing the moment she entered the master's bedroom and stood naked, except for her heels and pearl necklace Dominic had given her for her 27th birthday.

Dominic entered a few moments later with a sandwich and a beer. He did this everytime they came home from a party, making it a habit unknowingly.

Dominic wasn't surprised to find Kelly naked. Kelly wondered when it happened, when did Dominic begun to expect it instead of desiring it?

"So what brought this on?" Dominic asked

Kelly stopped walking towards Dominic. She was a confident woman. She enjoyed sex and their lineage had that gift, their skill in bed. Is her mother right? Was this all she had? If she didn't have this, would Dominic stay with her?

"Dominic," Kelly whispered, leaning down to kiss him, "do you love me?"

Dominic laughed. "Okay, what did you do?"

"What?" Kelly answered in a surprised tone.

"Did you buy something?" He asked indulgently. "Something expensive? Is that what this is all about?"

Dominic assumed this was because she wanted something from him. And to be fair, it was. It always was. Kelly always got what she wanted from him through this. All except one thing. It didn't escape Kelly's hearing that Dominic hadn't answered her question. Dominic didn't tell her he loves her.

Yet he had loved Mei-Ren back then, which meant she had to do what her mother said. Work harder to keep what she had.

"I want to buy a red dress," she said, feeling like a bird caught in a bush. "A beautiful red dress,"

"I can't wait to see you in it,"

"You will... and then you'll see me out of it."

"That's what I like to hear."