Chapter 16: The Truth?

At the same time Mei and Timmy were enjoying the beach, Kelly was getting ready to spend some quality time with her husband

She visited Dominic's office. The receptionist said that Dominic was giving a tour on one of their units and would be back in a few minutes. Perfect. It gave Kelly enough time to undress and change into her brand new lingerie. She'd never surprised him at his office like this. She brought lunches and make out but never actualy had sex at work. It was a lot of work trying to keep things interesting, trying to keep Dominic's attention focused only on her so he wouldn't think of Mei-Ren or maybe how his life hadn't turned out quite like he wanted. She heard Dominic's voice approaching the office and she posed like the one she'd seen on the magazines.

And in walked Dominic's father.

"Woah! Dom, come here quickly!!" Dominic Senior shouted that makes the young one ran afterwards after hearing Kelly scream.

"What's wrong, Dad?!" Kelly heard Dominic asking his father as soon as he enters the office.

"I think I'll just leave you and your wife alone for a while," the old man said.

"My wife? Where is she?"

"Under the desk. Her clothes, however, are over there on the chair. Really, son? This is no way to run our business!"

Kelly heard the door close. Then Dominic's footsteps approached, and he knelt facing her, "Damn it, Kelly! What are you doing here?"

"I wanted to surprise you,"

"You never come here for this. Why now? Why, on the day my father decides to show up without warning for a tour to see if I am running the place right? My father just saw you almost naked! I can't believe this."

Kelly crawled out from under the desk. What his father said meant the world to Dominic. And she just embarrassed them both.

Everything had been fine, at least, until Mei came back.

"I'm sorry," she replied while rushing off to her dress and putting them on.

"What has gotten into you lately? You are all over me. You never want to go out together. You call me every thirty minutes everyday. Now, you show up here like this?"

"I... I just need to know..." Kelly hesitated. That you love me.

"Need to know what?"

"That you're going to stay with me."

Dominic shook his head. "What are you talking about?"

"I've been worried. Ever since Mei-Ren came back..."

"You've got to be kidding me." Dominic replied. "You have got to be kidding me. This is about Mei? Go home, Kelly." Dominic went to the door without another look at Kelly. "I have to catch up with my Dad and try to explain this to him."