Chapter 13

Your POV:

The idea was explained to us. We were actually in the middle of running the plan right now...

"O-okay Y/n... I'm going to start the soul se-seperation now," Alphys said.

Sans hated this plan, but he knew that there was no way he could talk me out of this idea and that's why he didn't try to stop me.

"If it gets to be too much tell me aight?" Sans asked holding my hand.

I only nod I was in fact terrified of what could happen to me, this plan was risky as it is.

This is the plan, Alphys would separate my soul I was born with two soul traits Sincerity and Kindness. We are going to get rid of one of my traits that way I have enough soul to live off of and enough soul to be its own therefore I don't need to die and we can leave the underground. I was for this because I would have been able to fulfil the promise I gave my friends. Though if something bad were to happen, I would without a doubt die.

I close my eyes as Alphys turned the machine on, it was simply a tingling sensation at first.

At first is the key word.

It slowly started to sting and burn at the same time, it felt like needles stabbed me all the time and the needles were heated first so I'm being burned.

But still I stayed silent I was used to this much pain, it was normal. Sans was holding my hand the entire time.

Then, it hit me I don't want to lose one of my soul traits. I want to keep both of my soul traits I don't want to lose one! Because...

-flashback-

"Your soul is so pretty!" Sans and your friends all marveled at the two colors of your soul the light blue, and the light green.

"H-how do y-you get it to be l-like that?" Alphys asks me.

"I don't know, it's always been like this, it's not weird is it?" I said sounding a little sad.

"NO WAY!" Papyrus yells up in excitement.

"You guys are probably just saying that," I sigh as I put my soul away.

"Are you calling us liars?" Sans snapped a little at me.

I quickly shook my head no,"It's just the other kids all make fun of me... for having my soul like this"

"That's dumb," Sans said crossing his arms," That's like saying you're in trouble for being born! You can't control you soul traits!"

I smile and start to laugh.

"We will be here always Y/n..." Toriel smiled at me.

"Yeah... Okay!" And I believed it, I should have made them promise, the war had already been going on it just never hit our town. All the other kids hated me for befriending monsters, but I didn't care I was with those who cared about me, that's more than they could do.

But then...

I went to school one day, and all my friends were gone and it seemed like nobody even remembered they exsisted. I got teased for having imaginary friends in 4th and 5th grade...

But they were real! I know they were and that's why I had to, I remember a goodbye and I didn't know why but then it all clicked... my memory of the events were hazy as it was.

They had said goodbye because they knew the monsters lost... and I would be forced away from them because that day was the only time they didn't "say see you tomorrow" they had said 'goodbye'.

I don't know why they did...

We had promised never to.