Part 1: Home Sweet Home

Your house comes into view as you pull up into the driveway. A nest of vampires you were hunting lasted longer than you had expected. You look at the dashboards clock. '3:23 AM' You exhale and lay your forehead against the steering wheel.

'Awesome,' you think to yourself.

You had managed to wash the blood off of you, so that was no problem. It wouldn't matter if the blood was still there, because Josh, your boyfriend, didn't know about you 'hunting'. You slowly closed the car door and tiptoed up to your front door. It was already unlocked. You closed your eyes and slowly opened it. A dim light of a lamp in the living room was the only light on. You slowly shut the door and lock it. You sit down your black duffel bag and slowly turn around, only to jump back and lightly shriek.

Your boyfriend stood in front of you, towering with his arms crossed. His expression almost scared you. Chills ran down your back, and you quickly smiled, knowing that your eyes still showed fear.

"Where were you?" he asked in a low voice.

You continued to smile.

"I'm sorry, baby. The girls and I ju-"

"Where the hell were you?!" he screamed, uncrossing his arms and taking a large stride towards you.

You get startled and take a step back. Your smile falls a bit. Your heart starts pounding. Please no, no, no. Not tonight!

"Josh, I just told you. I was out with the girls and we were talking. Just ran late, that's all."

Josh shakes his head and looks away, then back to you.

"Now...why don't I believe you?"

Your throat went dry and you didn't know how to reply.

"Your hair's wet."

Shit, shit, shit. You lightly curse to yourself and touch your hair. You're screwed.

"I..."

Josh nods his head.

"Yeah, that's what I thought. Who is he?" he shouts.

Your head shoots up.

"What?" you asked, confused.

"Who are you cheating on me with?!"

You let out a loud sarcastic laugh.

"I'm not 'cheating' on you with anyone!" you shout back.

Just then, Josh leaps forward and wraps his right hand around your neck and slams you against the wall. A sharp pain clouds your head.

"I will not be lied to by a slut. "

He slams you again on the word slut. You reach up to his hand and try to pry him away.

"Josh!"

You gasp for air.

"Who is h-"

Just then you bring your right knee up and slam into his lower area. He lets out a sharp cry and lets go of your neck and grabs himself. He slowly falls to the floor as you scramble to grab your bag. Just then he reaches out and grabs your ankle. You fly forward and smash your chin on the wooden floor. You take in a sharp breath and groan as tears swell in your eyes. He hovers over you and flings you on your back, making sure to slam you back down as hard as he can. You can feel the pain radiate down your spine. You go to yell, but nothing comes out. Josh's face is bright red as he pins down your arms with his knees. He then gets right in your face.

"You. Will. Regret that." he hisses.

He then takes his fist and slams it into the right of your face, hitting the bone and eye in one hit. You scream and feel adrenaline and rage fill every inch of your body. He hits you again and bends down to get back in your face. Just as he does, you head-butt him as hard as you can. He yells and grabs his bloody nose. You take the opportunity to take your arms out from underneath him, shove him back and kick him once more. You fly up and your head is dizzy. You stumble, but try to stand and run. The pain is horrid. You grab your bag and unlock the door. Just as you open it, it slams shut by him grabbing your hair and yanking you back. You scream as he turns you around and once more hits you in the face, clipping your nose. Blood gushes into your mouth.

'I fight monsters every day! Why can't I just fight this one?!' you think to yourself.

Just then you take your fist and punch him as hard as you can in the throat. He gags and falls to his knees. You then grab his hair and knee him in the face and then kick him in the chest. He flies back and just lays there, gasping. You wipe your nose and stare at him.

"Didn't your mother ever teach you not to hit girls?"

You spit out some blood on him, then you grab your bag and open the door. You get in your car and take out your cell phone from your bag. You dial the number and quickly think that he doesn't deserve what you're about to do.

"911, what's your emergency?"

"We're going to need an ambulance at 424 Huntington Drive."

You start the engine and begin driving. There's only one place you know where you can go.