Part 2: Can't Be Loved

Hours had passed when you finally pull up to your destination. You didn't care about the countless stares you received while driving. You knew your face was bloody and looked horrifying. The evidence of an abusive asshole. You look at the clock and it reads '9:19 AM'. You grab your bag and shut the car door. You slowly limp up to the house and take in a deep breath. You hadn't realized how sore your left ankle was until now. You go to knock, but hesitate. You attempt to shake off the nerves and emotions, but that comes to a sudden halt when you finally feel how sore your whole body is. It ached everywhere. And that headache. Oh God! The adrenaline you had was starting to fade. You didn't know if you could stand any longer. You calmed down and then finally knocked on the door and waited. Minutes pass when you hear footsteps walking towards the door.

"Who the hell could that be?"

You smiled at the voice, just wanting to see his face. The door swung open and that hard stern look turned soft when he saw you.

"Hi, Bobby," you softly say.

He stares at your face and looks astounded.

"Hi, (y/n)," he replies back.

"Can I come in?"

He nods his head, still in awe. You walk in and drop your bag.

"What the hell happened to you?"

You walk to the kitchen and go straight to the liquor cabinet. You need something strong. You look around and spot a bottle of whiskey. You take the bottle and drink straight from it. He says nothing, because only he allows you to do that.

"Just got in a little fight."

You joke and wink as you take a chug from the bottle, allowing the liquor to burn your throat.

"Yeah, I can tell. But who did this to you? Were you on a hunt?"

You lightly nod and take another swig.

"Yeah, but that's not why I'm like this."

"Was it Josh?" he lightly asks.

You stare at him.

"No." you say, not convincingly.

He stares at you.

"Don't lie to me girl! It was that jackass wasn't it?"

"Yeah, but," you take another drink,

"you should see him. You'd be proud."

You smile, but he wasn't.

"Bobby, I didn't come here to get sympathy. You raised me better than that. I just needed a place to go. Besides, I lied to him. So in a way, I kind of deserved it."

He shakes his head and you can tell he's fuming with rage.

"No!" he shouts.

You jump, still sensitive from what had happened. He notices and quickly calms down.

"No one should ever hit a girl. Especially you! Even if you lied! No reason! I'll kill him!"

You look at him and smile. Oh, Bobby. Sweet Bobby. He was there for you when your drunk father used you as a punching bag ever since your mother died. You were almost used to being abused. To you, it was the only way a man expresses his love. But this time was bad. Too bad. Even you knew that. You cringed at the memory.

"(y/n), you didn't deserve this. You look like shit. Worse than that! He could've killed you! Then I would've killed him. Dammit kid! You're like a daughter to me! When a grown ass man hits you," he stops and calms himself down.