Part 7: The Change

The stinging of his sunken teeth in your neck took you overboard. You screamed and begged him to stop, but he never did. He dug in until his poison spread throughout your whole body. Your veins were now filled with his disease. It's happening. You can feel it.

He releases you and backs away, wiping away your blood. He backs up and takes in his new piece of artwork.

"And it's done," he says.

Your head feels loopy and your whole body in tingling. You want to sleep! You just want to fall asleep and wake up to this all being a bad dream! But it's not. It's real. Your body heat is out of control. Sweat droplets are trickling down your face. You're shaking.

Why can't I stop shaking? You close your eyes and open them. You can't see it, but both of your eyes are bloodshot red. And your head. Oh god, your head! The pounding! It's so bad! And so loud! You stop and look up. The lightbulb on the ceiling that once seemed so dull, is now blinding. You look away, as if you were staring into the sun.

And that pounding! Make it stop! You turn your head and look up to the wall. A tiny clock you hadn't noticed before is hanging in the darkness.

'BOOM, BOOM, BOOM'.

It wasn't your head that was pounding, it was the clock on the wall!

"You hear that?" he asks.

His voice seems as if he was screaming. So loud! Why is everything so loud? And then it happens. A craving you've never had. Never wanted to have. It's so strong that it makes you want to rip yourself from the chair and go find the nearest thing to it. You want it! Need it! More than anything you've ever wanted in life!

You close your eyes and scream. The scream is deafening, but you don't care. This feeling you have is taking over your body. You want to run. Run far away. But more than that, you want to kill Josh. You want to rip his head off. And if it wasn't for these zip ties holding you back, you would. You would make him suffer like he made you. And you'd enjoy it.

Your thoughts are pushed aside when that craving hits you again. You need it! You need blood! Just a little bl- Your eyes open wide. You're hunched over as you stare at the floor. No! You're changing.

Everything you're feeling is the change from human to...to monster. You were turning into a monster. You scream once more as you struggle against the zip ties.

"I will not be like you!" you scream.

Josh's smile falls as he stares at you in disbelief. He shakes his head and walks up to you, grabbing your face to make you look at him.

"You cannot be the hero AND the monster!" he yells.

You look at him and smirk. Your reaction isn't the one he intended to see. He wanted you to yell and beg and fight. But you're smiling. And he hated that. He takes his hand and hits you hard. You don't give in. You just laugh even more. He's taken back by it and takes a few steps back.

You can't stop laughing. For some reason, all of this is just too comical for you. And you have no idea why. Maybe it was the adrenaline pumping through your body or the fact that you were changing into a vampire. Whatever it was, it made you laugh.

"STOP IT!" he screams.

But you don't. You keep going until you hear some commotion outside. Josh turns and stares at the door, then back to you. He walks to the door just as you try to pry yourself from the zip ties once more. A tiny snap and the release of your hands made you smile.

You jump up and dart at Josh. He's caught off guard as you jump on his back, smashing him face first into the wall.

"Rule one about changing someone into a bloodsucker," you say as you headbutt him into the wall,

"know that they're much stronger when the change is done."

With that, you jump off of his back and he turns to face you. An unnatural dark, thick substance crawls down his face.

"And zip ties?" you ask, as he goes to punch you.

You grab his forearm and scowl.

"Tisk, tisk."

You bend it back and hear a pop. He screams out as you forcefully kick his legs out from under him.

"They're useless."

He stares at you with disbelief as you hover over him. You grab his head with both of your hands and smiles. Just then the large steel door is kicked open. You turn your head and see a figure run in.

"(Y/n)!"

Your eyes open wide and the smell of blood clouds your head.

"Dean!?"