chapter 6

Once again the beautiful slim hand reach out to me with the same drink she had made before, once again she was being extra attentive and once again she smiled and left me lost in wonderland, only this time she left a surprise for me, on my cup she wrote her number with an "xoxo" next to some clumsy drowing of lips and a smiley face.

That was very cute, let's admit, i mean that note was childishly beautiful and i just smiled and snaped a picture of it with my phone there it will be saved forever.

I was on my way home when the fight between the impatient me and the play by the rules me started... i wanted to call her, text her maybe, make sure everything is alright, make sure she gets my number so she can call or text anytime she wanted that would seem very desperate though.

Somehow i kept away from my phone for as long as 3 days, working my ass off for 15 hours daily on editing was a great help but still for the entire 3 days all i had in my mind was her...

Hello there trolley doll, how is it going?
                                                       Vicky

I looked at that text for like 15 minutes before i decided to just send it and brace for the reply to come... i had to wait till next morning for that. The torture of expectation and waiting and not knowing gave me a rough night still the moment my phone buzzed in an almost instant  robotic move i opened my eyes and reached for it. The message was indeed from Sofia

Morning there stranger, all good here how about you? :)

I instantly replied which i probably  shouldn't since she made me wait a whole night for her to text back but hey i made her wait 3 days for me to reach out, you think she was waiting for me to text or call? You think she had one single thought of me?

V- Morning gorgeous, am good. What are you up to?

S- Am gonna have lunch with an artist today :)

Suddenly i started sweating something about her going out with some whatever artist triggered me i mean it could be just a friend it could be anyone but...

V- cool, enjoy!

S- i will

Then blank...

I didn't reply she didn't text again, i was making my coffee which i had to fist fight with the machine to prepare it, in normal days and for normal human beings that would be the easiest task of their morning routine, press ON.

I was staring at the glass window in front of me overlooking the marina, yachts were sailing in and out people jogging or walking their pets the sun already burning for a 10 am on an April day but hey that is how it is here at this desert pearl.

The phone buzzed again i almost threw myself at it, the text was from her. The mistress of my morning confusions and unexplained jealousy fever.

S- when is the artist picking me up?

It took me a moment to grasp the information, why? Why is she teasing me this way. Why couldn't she just... oh nevermind....

V- whenever the muse is ready.

S- she'll be ready in 1 hour

V- that in the punctuality queen time iiiis..?

S- 1 HOUR... i'll send you the location.

V- your wishes are my commands my queen.

S- stop being such... i'll see you

V- such what?

She didn't reply she never does when her ass is in the corner she shuts down and keep you breaking your head against a million wall by yourself.

I pulled off in front of her building and decided instead of texting i'll just call.

The phone rang few times i was about to hang up when she said

- i'll be down in 5'

I couldn't even say a word i just waited, again i waited for her..  something that i found myself doing very often since then. Of course the 5' was actually a 15' and i was ready to complain about it but the moment she saw me standing by the car waiting for her she smiled and OH MY...

There goes my complaint, there goes my confusion and my silly jealousy, there goes the days i was torturing myself not talking to her  there goes everything around me, the car, the building, the ground, the sky, the air... there goes everything but her, she was everything i wanted and there goes my heart again...

She kissed me on the cheek as she got to me ( this cute cheek smacking was becoming a tradition between us) i opened the door for her and as she glanced at her passenger seat she looked back at me

-what is the occasion?

-do i need one?

-no, absolutely not. With an other heart melting smile

This girl has to stop smiling at me or i'll soon have a heart attack i promise...

She held the yellow rose in her lap as she settled into the car, the moment i got in she jumped and kissed me again and whispered the softest thank you someone can possibly say you are welcome i said then she started demanding a whole explanation of why it was a yellow one i tried to get around it like a red one is cliché, i like yellow, i blah blah blah... somehow she knew i was bullshiting her so finally we agreed that she drop the matter now giving that i would tell her before she goes home.

We ended up in a little cosy french restaurant overlooking the skyscrapers downtown, the highest building in the world is just at the tip of our fingers.. we talked, we exchanged childhood stories,we laughed, she teased me and i secretly took her picture as she was admiring the view... beautiful i thought.

I still can't get through to her, i don't know what she likes, what she wants, what she's looking for. I can't figure out why she wanted to meet, why she was being playfully nice and i couldn't just ask her.

After lunch we watched a movie that i chose it was a disaster let's just put it out there , this starting to sound like a date to you isn't it? It wasn't. I hoped it was but to her it was just a meeting. After she made fun of my poor movie judgement we sat for some frozen yoghurt treat she then got to see her pictures, the ones i took of her that day in Bangkok and i was relieved that she liked most of them, i got few kicks on my hand and forehead for the almost erotic shots i got of her after those kids aimed their water guns at us.

I was dropping her home when she finally asked again

-so? Why yellow?

I looked into her eyes for as long as i could hold my gaze and i noticed the longer i held on to her dreamy eyes the softer her look gets.

-do you know what yellow represent?

-jealousy. She said instantly then went on.
what are you jealous of?

I took a long long breath, i looked straight ahead into a distance and said

- the artist you said you'll have lunch with.

She didn't say anything i don't think she even blinked before she asked again

-why?

That voice inside of me was screaming no, no keep it to yourself no and i had to listen... so i faked a smile and looked towards her

- well you know, I AM an artist so its like artistic jealousy before i knew you were talking about me

She laughed, she didn't seem convinced but she laughed and her only comment was.

-you have some innocent child like thing about you that's cute.

That made me smile and as soon as she said good night i raced back home to crash on my bed and replay this day over and over again in my head engraving every sweet second of it into my eternal memory.