chapter 28

I was racing life back to my apartment, i broke every traffic light and every speed limit i passed by and i made a 30 minutes drive in just 18'.

I called her as soon as i intered the house.
The doorbell rings i open and it's her and as much as i wanted to jump her right there and then i didn't... if this is her giving me an other chance i had no intention in losing it.

I poured us some wine and sat at the sofa then she asked if i wanted to watch a movie... it's not really what i wanted but does it matter? As long as she's there it really doesnt.

She didn't make it through the first 5 minutes of the movie before she rested her head on my lap and slept and i couldn't wish for my night to end in a better way than this.

It was 5 or 6 in the morning, only few hours since she slept on the sofa and i just sat there watching her.

S- omg!!!

V- what's wrong?

S- i am torturing you... let's go to the bed.

We snuggled and slept until late that day, her phone didn't stop ringing and i figured it was the boyfriend.

S- switch it off please... i want to sleep more.

I did as told and laid there with her in my arms until she finally had enough and woke up. She looked at me and said she was hungry... we didn't say a word after that we just waited for her pizza to be delivered i made her a cup of tea that she didn't drink, instead she shared my coffee and once she had her hunger tamed she was ready to talk.

S- tell me about your life grumpy queen.

V- still as grumpy as you left me, a bit more maybe

She laughed at my comment and listened to me giving her a summary of the last two years of my empty sad life without her.

S- i wanted to marry you, you know?

V- i know....

S- anyone special these days?

V- it's not as easy for me as it is for you trolley doll

S- i would break up with him right now for you vicky

I didn't say anything, by now we all know that keeping quite in these moments is not the best policy but old habits die hard... she always get me speechless.

S- buuuutt.... i've been there before, i've done it and i got nothing but... anyway.

I left the dining table where we sat to eat that pizza and went inside the bedroom.
When i came back i placed an old box in front of her and she just looked up at me and a single tear dropped down her soft cheek.

S- you made me dream of the impossible

V- everything is impossible without you, even the most basic thing that is breathing becomes impossible without you...

She didn't say anything, this time it was her turn to keep me waiting for her words to give me an idea of what's going on inside of her head.

V- i was wrong in so many impossible ways, i was scared sometimes and selfish most of the times, i only saw my side of the story and left yours pass me by... no feeling has ever been stronger and bigger in my heart other than loving you until regret settled in and i lived my days in misery...

I wasn't sure what will come after, is it even possible to dream as big as she did 2 years ago maybe it is impossible like she said.... i was still arranging the words in my head to say it right when she started talking.

S- i dare you...

I looked at her and said

V- I dare you

She didn't want to finish her sentience unless i give her my dare

V- i dare you to dream of the impossible, to take me as grumpy as i am, as broken as the overthinking might get me, as bad and good as i might be, i dare you to take me against your family, against your belief, against your culture and against the reality of the straight girl that you've been, i dare you to never allow me to let you go.

She didn't say anything for a moment, i was holding my breath and bracing myself for it to come.