chapter 16

How long it's been? i lost track of time since that day, i lost track of everything. I dived back into alcohol, parties and one night stands. i was doing it all. I was slowly and intentionally killing myself, even my work wasn't enjoyable anymore i was way behind schedule for the gallery opening and i honestly didn't care much. So what if my photos will be displayed later than they were suppose to? So what if i lose my job? So what if i was becoming alcoholic? So what if i don't even remember the faces of the girls i was sleeping with? So what?

Not only was i killing myself but as i was waiting for death to come i was enjoying the torture that i was willingly going through. Last minute change, i dropped the whole show theme and started from scratch all over again. The new display title was. "I choose you".
I choose you to be my muse, my subject, my master, my queen, my heaven and hell. I choose you to be the only one, to be the last one, i choose you to become my story, my art...

I was getting ready to showcase every picture i ever took of Sofia since the day i met her every photo that has anything to do with her, i was even including glimpses of our conversations i was giving the world a full access into distruction i was getting ready to show them the gorgeous woman that i so miserably fell for. It was like an international coming out. The ads were everywhere already i couldn't hide from the posters and radio announcements anymore as a constant reminder that maybe i am doing a mistake, maybe this will be the last bit of a career i'll ever have.

The day is finally here, today i'll reveal it all. a painful relief in knowing that this is where the story ends. I had made a decision, once the gallery is set my chapter with Sofia will be forever closed. It's been few months since i stopped talking to her, today i'll face my last demon and set it free... my memory of her.

The opening is crazy, everywhere i look i see cameras and microphones thrown at my face, press people trying to get something out of me, who is this model? and why did i chose her? and how Bangkok was our main location?...

A tap on my shoulder, i didn't turn around yet but my heart could tell who's hand was touching me. I could feel the blood rushing through my vein the butterflies the heartbeats the thoughts, the emotions, the memories, everything just everything within me suddenly went from numb to a state of eruption.

She was as beautiful as i remember her, those pictures don't really do her justice, her black long hair got darker and longer her deep dreamy eyes got deeper and dreamier and her smile OH MY...

Mercy please have mercy, i thought i was over this smile, i thought tonight i was burning my last bridge i thought my heart stopped rhyming with her existence ... and i thought wrong.

I stood there facing her as she smiled at me. The people around us realized she was the muse so they started bombarding her with questions which gave me time to create a safe distance between us, to tame the feeling that was convincing me to hug her till her bones break. Her eyes didn't let me stray far from her every time i looked at her she was right there looking back at me.