chapter 29

How did i get myself so broken up inside? How did my life changed in one simple look? I really don't know.

Few days after vicky tried to call me her mum did, i wasn't sure what to say to her i was never called by someone's mother telling me how their child need me and love me and all that. i didn't even have that kind of intimate conversation with Alex's mother, the guy i almost married.

She said she had to reach out to me she couldn't see her daughter suffer and do nothing... from what she said Vicky was going on a downfall refusing to go back to Dubai aka to work even after the hundred daily calls she was getting from her agency and gallery manager, getting sober only to get drunk again, out all night sleeping all day it seemed like she was trying to destroy herself and i just couldn't let go any longer. So i made some changes in my schedule and managed to work on a flight to Madrid so if it was even for a night over i had to make things right.

Knowing my girl is a crazy one i thought i wouldn't leave any crack on my plan for her to run away from as she made it her habit, so before i took the flight i bought a ring... i couldn't believe what i was doing, why do i call her crazy apparently i am the crazy one proposing to a woman only few weeks after i've been threatened by my parents that they would disown me if i only dated one... now am marrying her. To be honest i didn't care much my love for Vicky was stronger than all what life could throw at me.

I knew something was wrong with that girl Annabel as soon as she looked at me i just wasn't sure what is it until Mrs Torres whispered to me before leaving that she doesnt like her and she want her to stay away from her daughter, why would she say that if nothing was going on between the two of them?

I had to ask, and when i did the look on Vicky's face was enough of a confirmation than whatever she would say. It broke me inside, it destroyed me and i couldn't believe it... how stupid am i? I throw my whole life behind me and came here to propose to her when she was cheating on me all of this time i was waiting for her to reach out to me and she was playing lovers with this girl that feels entitled enough to give me the eye the whole time she was there?

I didn't hear a word Vicky was saying in her room and even if i did it meant nothing....

During a whole two years after that i managed to fix my relationship with my parents, somehow the subject was never open again but they knew something in me changed forever, they seemed okay with it as long as i keep it to myself and not force them to accept what they couldn't understand and it's not like i started dating one girl after an other truth is i didn't date anyone for more than a year my heart was too broken and scattered to function properly with anyone. i went on dates here and there but they always seemed either too different from vicky or too similar
to her that i didn't know how to be with them until i met John, he was nice, easy, not complicated and over thinking was not part of his qualities... thinking in general actually.

I didn't have to keep proving myself to him, i didn't have to fight for him it was more of what you see is what you get with him and speaking his mind was the best part, something Vicky was never good at. The moment she get's stuck she loses her words.

As my friends were asking what i wished for i wanted to scream my heart out, my wish was standing in front of me the moment i was done blowing the candles and here i was blaming myself for wasting yet an other wish on her.

Vicky... how much did i miss her. It felt awkward when she came over so many thoughts and feelings rushed trough my head but it wasn't an option to let lose in front of my boyfriend and friends who had no idea who this girl was... i usually talk to them about this one person who left me as damaged as i was but never really gave them a full access to the heartbreaking story even when one of them asked me about those photos of me being at some art gallery two years ago i laughed it off and said i've done it for the thrill...

Was i wrong for letting her kiss me? I just wanted to feel her with me that honestly cheating on my oblivious boyfriend didn't seem so bad... you can judge me now...

I wanted her, it wasn't my plan when i wished to see her but if the universe gives you a life time gift you freaking take it... so yes i went to her place thinking i'll have a beautiful romantic night with her and run away next morning... and with her being the ceo of run away bride company i didn't think she would mind. I didn't plan to drop dead and sleep 5 seconds after i sat next to her, i always had the best night sleeps in her arms, it always felt like i was right where i had to be. Like  her embrace was home for me.

I didn't have much to say to her when i woke up, i was worried if i start talking she'd ask who was calling me all day and we'll have the same old "Alex conversation" only now the hero is John but i wanted to know about her life i needed to know if she met someone if she moved on and apparently she didn't not if she kept my ring all of this time. She always had a way with words when she let herself open up and speak her mind i wasn't sure if she wanted me back or she was actually doing what i didn't have the chance to do two years ago and left me speechless... once she finished giving me her dare it was my turn so i grabbed the box in front of me, took out the ring inside of it and reached for her hand and said,

- crazy girl.... i dare you to get one more time crazy on me.