chapter 13

An other fact i discovered about arabs is that the cute little names they call you are not the only thing they don't mean literally.  "I'll call you" is also one of those not very literal sayings of theirs or..... hers.

It was already 4 days since she left me drunk on her perfume and said she'd call.
I texted her to make sure she was home safe on that night, nothing. I texted her next morning and again nothing. I called her on the 3rd day and yes you guessed right. NOTHING.

I told you before, getting disappointed by her was such a daily feeling that i wasn't too disappointed after all, you should've seen it coming, my smart ass inner voice told me.

I was having all sort of theories as of why she didn't reach out, starting from the worrying about her maybe she's sick maybe she lost her phone, maybe she was kidnapped by aliens all the way to the dark dramatic rage filled ideas, she got what she wanted now she's gone, it was a little straight girl trip over the rainbow, she despise me now because i somehow got her into doing something she would've never done, she.... she got married and moved on.

"Hello hello, grumpy queen. I want you to meet someone"

If she was in front of me i would've slapped her. Really?!!! Like is she taking me for a fool?!! tell me people, is this what you would write to someone after you invite yourself to their bedroom call them "my love" ignore them for, what? 5 days now... is this really a normal message or am i expecting too much from her?

I didn't want to reply, though the whole day i kept reading her text. i did so maybe a thousand time but i didn't know how to reply. I was tired of her ups and downs one day she pull me in the next she just trash me out, i didn't want to once again be her little puppy whenever she whistle i run back to her. I wanted to show her that i can stay away i can keep my distance i can have self conrol and live without her.
All that self control boosting talk i was telling myself was meaningless by evening time...

- look who's back?!!!

I regretted the moment i hit send, i knew now i'v put myself again under her control. Few minutes later she wrote me

-look who decided to write back.

- i was busy... sorry

Why am i apologising? if anything she should, she vanished for 5 days and now she want me to meet god knows who. Why am i so powerless with her, ah i hate it.

- less busy more angry...

-meaning?!

She didn't reply, she made her point and now she "dropped the mic" sort of, she made it clear that she knows what i was thinking and feeling, she made it clear also that she doesnt give one bit of fuck about it. I waited for almost two hours and then the dumb stupid weak me took control and i texted her... again

- so who is this person you want me to meet?

My message was sent, red and ignored.
It was eating me how i allowed her once again to control me i felt abused in a way.

Next day around noon she texted, finally! Before i read what she wrote i promised myself whatever it is i am breaking the rule today, i am not texting back not TODAY...

- where are you? You wanna join for lunch?

I might have been out of this universal dimension for hours or minutes because of this sudden blunt lunch invitation, but, what am i suppose to do now? She did whatever she did and now out of nowhere she want to have lunch with me? I wanted to decline and use work as an excuse, actually i do have work but i miss her (aaaahhhh get yourself together girl) i miss her gorgeous face, her beautiful smile, i miss her voice, her teasing, her "i know you love me" attitude when she want to be spoiled, i miss her hands, her lips, her smell and who knows when i'll get an other chance to see her, these days she seems out of reach all the time. So i broke my promise and wrote her

- gladly.

All she sent was a blushing smiley face and her location. In less than an hour i was there where she said she would be and for the first time since i met her, she was the one waiting and not me as i entered i could see her sitting at the table all the way at the back of this fancy restaurant, and she saw me too, she waved, she smiled and my heart dropped. I was walking into a trap, i could hear the voice in my head laughing at my stupidity "dead woman walking, dead woman walking".

She wasn't alone, there was someone sitting across the table from her and i didn't need her to introduce him, i knew from the way she smiled at me. He was the one.