chapter 20

Few days in paradise is what i call it, being with sofia was way better then all i could imagine or dream of. It's like no one but us existed, she make me feel loved and wanted and looking into her eyes i could tell she really felt that way about me we finally could do the things i never thought were possible we got to share memories of happiness not only heartbreaks but somewhere inside me i was thinking when it will happen when will she call and say it's done! She called it off she broke up with alexander and now nothing will stand in the way of our life together....

As am floating in my own head my phone buzzed... a message from my one and only miss trolley doll

S: baby am thinking i'll fly to Morocco this weekend. Wanna come along ?

V: morocco!!! Not sure i can i have a shoot

S: emmmm okay miss busy busy i'll see you at dinner xoxo

S: btw am cooking you'll be the beverage manager see you habibi

So my girl is finally going home i said, looking at her as she was as usual dancing her way around the kitchen she paused for a second before she looked at me and said

-not sure what it will happen but it's about time i tell them am not marrying anyone, the wedding is very soon...

I dropped Sofia to the airport on a shiny Thursday morning. Her flight to Casablanca was about 7 hours.

The whole time i was worrying about her she seemed very concerned about what she'll say her reasons were to her parents and i wanted to be there for her so bad that next day i found myself taking the flight to Casablanca. I made sure i texted her straight away every time she text me i didn't tell her i was coming and i had to pull off the surprise till the end i even came up with an excuse for her to give me her address, my plan was working. Thank god for in flight internet...

I got to my hotel, took a shower got ready and called for a taxi to head over to my girl, the woman of my dreams... all the way i was reflecting on these past months and how my life changed completely since that flight i took to Bangkok, all the ups and downs and how happy i am today just by being so much in love with sofia.

As my taxi pulled in front of the address i gave the driver, i called sofia, the house seemed big from the outside with a garden that from where i stand it looked like it surrounded the house from every side with different types of citrus trees. the smell was amazing.

S- hello hello busy girl

V- hello baby girl, did you receive my package?

S- no, when did you send it?

V- they just confirmed it was delivered, check your door maybe...

I could hear a door opening, couldn't really see who's coming out but i suspected it to be her and stood there waiting for her to reach the garden gate and find her surprise....

Did i say she'll find her surprise? Correction the surprise was mine, it was more of a blow in the stomach, a bullet to the heart. What was i thinking? Not again sofia not again.

As i stood there in front of her parents house with the dumbest smile on my face i saw her coming towards me choked at my sight i would say the same way i was choked to see Alex standing right behind her....

A- oh babe isn't that your friend what's her name?!

Sofia was running towards the gate and as soon as she came through it she shut it close and pushed me away from her fiance's eyes

S- what are you doing here

V- i came to support you but i guess you don't need much of that

S- lower your voice please

V- tell me what's going on why is he here why are you freaking out on me when it should be me

S- i didn't do it yet okay and i....

I couldn't control myself anymore here i am once again, lied to, betrayed and cast away by this girl who apparently never miss a chance to hurt me or at least disappoint me. I was already having all sort of whys and whos going through my burning head i was talking to her the whole time and she didn't even mention that he was here. I was again drowning in my thoughts when she started whispering

S- baby please don't make the situation more difficult am trying just give me time and i'll come to you text me where you're staying and i'll come

That was the last thing i heard from her before Mr fiance rushed to us trying to hug us both and said in his strong british accent

A- oh is this a surprise or what babe? Come come you will just adore mama

Sofia and i were looking at each other in total disbelief, i guess i did make the situation more difficult...

Into the house Sofia was still mute and Alex took over the mission of introducing me to everyone, brother and sister, niece and sister in law then came the 'mama' HER mother.... i could see now from whom Sofia got her beauty her mother is gorgeous and classy you could just sit and listen to her speak in her broken English forever. As i was shaking her hand she just pulled me in for a warm hug and said there was no way Sofia would marry a man that she can't have a small talk with that's why at her age she starting taking English classes at home.

A- i must say she is getting very good at it

Mama- ah habibi alexander stop i will believe you

And then a sudden arab euphoria started everyone was saying something or laughing at something and i was overwhelmed by it all that i was searching for Sofia for some comfort, she on the other hand wasn't taking by any kind of euphoria she was staring at me lost in the crowded room and then her mum again said something in arabic that made everyone head into a fairly large corridor, from that first room that is the closest thing to a guest living room i would say, very close to the house door very cosy but away from the rest of the house the corridor ornamented with family photos and once you go through it you get to a very beautiful blue and white andalusian patio a wooden coffee table was set in one of the corners and mama just walked there and called her kids, her soon son i  law and.... me, around her...
It was time for some Moroccan tea and wedding talk she said.
Sofia said something in arabic that made her mum just look at me and change the subject of the talk.

Mama- Sofia your friend live in casa?

S- no mama she lives in Dubai but she's spanish

Mama- oh dear, i love Spain, sidi idriss took me there for ... for ... Alex what's it called that thing you were planing after the wedding?

A- honeymoon mama

Almost instantly i looked at Sofia and she looked at me and i just zoomed out the beautiful warm lady was struggling to tell me everything about her honeymoon in Spain with the vocabulary advice of one Mr alexander "the great" and i was just nodding and smiling at her trying to hide my deception at the thought of her daughter marrying this guy she is so fond of apparently...
Then sofia's voice brought me back to the present

S- vicky am sure you're tired you want to shower and have some rest

V- oh no thank you i rested a bit in the hotel before i come and...

Mama- HOTEL??? young woman do you want me to get angry

V- no no ma'am it's...

Mama- now am angry you call me mama okay you and Sofia are sisters and you stay here no hotels

(Yes ma'am sisters who like to eat each other for breakfast...)

V- ma'am... i mean mama i am so honored but i don't want to disturb

Mama- no disturb, Sofia bla bla bla ... some other arabic conversation started and i was just there waiting for them to decide my faith.

Sofia stood up and pulled my hand saying

- come on the queen has decided let's get your stuff from the hotel.

Alex stood up and was about to say something when sofia looked at him and continued.

-no Alex i'll drive there. Thanks