Chapter 5: Unknown Number

I'll hold you to that promise, Jin, you think to yourself as you float dreamily to your car, the drive home pleasant and happy, BTS's music booming from the speakers.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Diving into bed, you giggle like an obsessed schoolgirl, touching your cheek where Jin's beautiful, soft lips kissed it not an hour earlier. You unlock your phone and stare at the selfie Jin took of you two, pointer finger outlining Jin's perfect face over and over. Sighing happily, you hold your phone close to your chest. Eyes closing, you allow yourself to drift off into sweet dreams of you and your bias.

------------------------------------------------------------------

"It saddens me so to see you cry, my dear Katie." Jin uses his thumbs to wipe away your unending rain of tears soaking your ruddy cheeks.

"If you don't want me to cry," you sniffle, "then don't leave, please," you beg, eyes red and sore from the saltwater.

Grasping your face gently with his warm, strong hands, he stares into your crystal blue eyes passionately, and whispers, "I will never leave you. And that's a promise." Jin suddenly kisses you deeply, taking your breath away, along with his own. He pushes his body up against yours, forcing you up against the red brick wall next to the backstage door. His lips move madly with your own, ending your torment, healing your sadness.

Pulling back from the kiss, Jin sings out, voice husky, "I love you, Katie. I loved you from the moment I saw you. But," he adds, "you must remember to love yourself too, otherwise you will still feel empty."

In awe at his words, you clear your throat and weakly say, "I'll hold you to that promise, Jin," addressing his earlier statement.

Jin raises an eyebrow, his eyes teeming with playful desire. "Oh? There's nothing else you want to say to me?" Before you can utter a sound, his full lips peck along your neck, deepening into heavy kisses.

"I...love you too," you manage to gasp out. He abruptly stops teasing your neck with kisses and smirks.

"What else?" Jin licks your neck with the tip of his tongue and you tilt your head back, moaning into him.

"Jin...oppa." You feel him sigh with satisfaction into your neck as he attacks you further with his mouth...

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Awoken rudely from your lovely dream by, "Stob it", you groan, rubbing your eyes, causing kaleidoscopes to dance underneath your eyelids. Yawning, you reach out for your phone. As it clatters to the floor when your fingertips clumsily push it off the wooden nightstand, you swear and slip out of bed, banging your butt on the carpet.

"Ow, shit!" You cry out as you rub your sore butt and untangle the phone that is now wrapped in your sky-blue covers.

Swiping your phone unlocked, you're puzzled to see a message from, "unknown number". Thinking you must have forgotten to save Jin's number last night, your heart flutters as you open up the message.

Picture after picture of you and Jin outside the backstage door greet you, painting quite the intimate scene through the grainy pixels. All color drains from your face. Scrolling down to the bottom of the picture wall, your eyes scan over a text that warns, "Stay away from Jin."

Numbness overtakes your form, and your heart drops into your stomach as nausea stretches its numerous, sickening tendrils out, which claw in haste up your raspy throat in its desperate attempt to escape. You rush over to the bathroom with not a moment to spare, emptying the contents of last night's buffet dinner with Jin into the sink.