Chapter 7: Awkward

"Hi, Katie." Jin's pink lips part and close as he says these words, and you're mesmerized by them, entranced by their beauty.

"Oh, Katie, I've missed you sooo much!" Jin gathers you in a loving embrace, kissing you all over your blushing face. "Never leave me again," he pleads, gazing into your eyes, searching. He moves a lock of your hair behind your ear to get a better look at your face. Your skin ignites at his soft touch, and you search back into his eyes, chocolate brown finally mixing with crystal blue again. You reach up, caressing his cheek with your hand. It's really been too long since you've seen him, and your body aches for his touch.

"I won't," you whisper only to him, only for him, still staring at his plump lips.

Jin's pretty mouth curls up and he purrs into your ear while side hugging you, rocking you back and forth, "I love you, Katie." Before you can reply, he kisses you hard on the lips, knocking the wind out of you.

"Katie?" a finger taps you on the shoulder.

"I love..." you blink, seeing the members crowded around you with confused looks. Realizing with horror at what you were about to say, you quickly try to recover, "I love this weather we're having today! This hotel is so nice," you make a grand gesture around the room. "Oh my god!" You exclaim a little too loud. "It's so nice to see everyone. I was a little scared back there. Why'd you guys leave me alone? You know I have anxiety! I wish you guys could've just come...it's so hard being an idol..." You chuckle nervously at them as they continue to stare at you with slight humor. "Tae!" You point at him and gives you a huh? pout. "Did you get your hair done? It's so long and flow-y now, it looks great! Did they put 50 shades of grey in it? It's so multi-dimensional and cool!" You lift up his hair and he blushes slightly, showing off his box smile, and thanks you. Jimin pouts and crosses his arms at you giving Tae so much attention. "Everyone's hair looks great." You gesture towards Jimin and his expression lightens. "You all look amazing!" You keep rambling on and the members face's become more and more amused until they burst out into laughter. You rub your forehead in agony at your awkwardness.

To save you from embarrassment and to stop you from talking, Tae closes in on you and Jin for a big hug, Jimin and the other members following swiftly behind. It works because you stop, barely being able breath as you feel Jin's body pressed up against you, being the closest in proximity to you. You feel his rushing heartbeat against your own, and sense his warmth radiating from within. His soft breath quietly puffs against your cheek. You redden deeply, losing more air until the hug is finally released and you can breath again. Jin looks as flustered as you feel, his eyes still gazing into you with great intensity.

Slurp.

Your attention snaps over to a grumpy looking man with blue hair, sipping from his Coke obnoxiously loud. He kicks his feet up on the table that sits near the window, leans back in his chair and rests his arms behind his head, shutting his eyes and ignoring everyone else in the room. Needless to say, he felt no need to include himself in the hug, or to greet you at all. Mood souring at his aloofness and rudeness, you try and ignore him and focus on Jin and the others in front of you.

Namjoon switches his gaze between you and Jin, and clears his throat to speak. "It's nice to see you again, Katie." He smiles at you warmly, and you smile back, your awe at his perfect English never fading.

"It's nice to see you again, Namjoon! And Hoseok, and Jungkook, and Jin, and Tae, and ChimChim, and..." You trail off and swallow harshly, noticing the blue haired man bristle. "It-it's nice to see you again too, Yoongi!" You're trying to be polite, but his undisguised disgust towards you makes you want to throw yourself off a bridge. Yoongi doesn't even speak a reply, he just nods, one eye squinting open at you. You shrink down in size. The air turns stagnant and cold in the room.