If Only It Were True

"Blah" Talking

'Blah' Thinking

'Blah' Mind Link (Only used for the team in this chapter)

------------------------------------Line Break-----------------------------

The warehouse was booming with energy and movement. Men were running around rushing to pack the shipment. Red Hood stood in the center of the building, watching his men carefully. Occasionally, he'd venture over to the stations and check up on their progress. This was a large shipment, after all, and the deadline was rapidly approaching.

Lex Luthor had hired them to ship kryptonite from Bludhaven to Metropolis and in return, he'd give them six- hundred grand and some stare-of-the-art mind linking tech. Which is exactly what Jay needed, because he was getting real tired of waiting for Nightwing to text out his words. Nothing against the guy, it just wasn't good for any 'bad' situations they might get into. The only problem was that Lex wanted the shipment in three days. Everything had gone according to plan so far, but you never know with all these heroes popping up everywhere.

Red Hood scanned the warehouse briefly before glancing up. He hadn't known Nightwing long, but he'd figured out that if you can't find the guy, look up. He would always perched in the weirdest spots. Just this morning Jason found him perched on his counter, watching the microwave cook a hot pocket. Not the strangest thing Nightwing had done, but it was still high up on the list.

Jason could barely make out anything in the rafters above him. Nightwing was nowhere to be seen. Honestly, Jason wasn't that surprised. The guy knew how to blend in. Jason sighed, shouting up into the rafters, "Hey birdie, do you mind coming down here for a second? I've got something to tell you."

He stood there for a few moments when he felt a buzzing in his pants. He reached into his pocket and pulled out his phone. Checking the notifications. He found that he had a new text. The message read:

From: Birdie

Yeah sure, i'll be down in a minute :) Look out

"Really? You had to text me that?" Red Hood grumbled, backing away. Why did Jason even buy him a phone? Now his phone blew up every few minutes with random pictures of elephants.

Jason watched as Nightwing flipped out of the rafters and silently landed in a crouch. The whole warehouse seemed to pause for a moment, all eyes on Nightwing. Nobody had really gotten a chance to see Red Hood's new partner yet. Jason had kept him away from his men for the first few days as he wanted to be sure he could trust the guy first.

"Get back to work! We have a deadline to meet!" he shouted, voice echoing loudly throughout the warehouse.

Jason motioned to Nightwing, leading him to a corner of the warehouse. He wanted to ask him about his opinion on the mind linking tech, make sure he was okay with it and was willing to use it.

"So you know how I told you that Lex is giving us some money and tech for this job, right?" Jason briefly paused, waiting for Nightwings nod, before continuing. "Well, that tech links our minds." he spoke. Nightwing tilted his head in confusion, writing out a reply on his phone. Jason waited patiently until he was handed the device.

"Links out minds? What do you mean? Will it hurt? What do we know after our minds are linked?"

Jason thought for a moment as he handed the phone back. "So Lex hasn't given me all the details yet. But he explained a little bit to me."

Nightwing crossed his arms and nodded, looking slightly distressed.

"Basically, we get these coms, well at least they look like coms, and we put them in our ear." Jason motioned towards his head, "While they're in, we'll be able to communicate without speaking. Kinda like a Martian mind link." he added. "So what I want to know is, will you be willing to use this?" Jason questioned.