Introductions

Genesis 3:19 "By the sweat of your brow you will have food to eat until you return to the ground from which you were made."

On the lowest floor of the Compound -located furthest from the Maze and in the darkest of hallways- resided a single steel door. This was, in fact, the only door in the entire hall, minus the one used to originally enter.

The room itself was heavily barricaded and under constant watch, by cameras or armed security, it tended to vary. Meant for unruly Talons and powerful prisoners, the room was never used often, the Court killed more than it captured. It was rare for any Talons to be kept in the room at all, but for the latter part of a decade, it has been occupied by two.

The unusual part, however, was that these two weren't Talons at all. No crazy serums nor body modifications. Just two regular humans resurrected only once. Male and female, husband and wife. Birthed one child, but parents to none. A shame really.

These two were a special case, meant to be taken out only at the most drastic of circumstances. They were called the Parents, but they used different names for each other -always in secret- and the Court didn't like to hear those. It connected them to the past, and pasts were a thing to be eradicated inside the Court. They simply weren't useful anymore.

But late one evening, a small figure ran down the long, dark hallway that led to the Parents. He was heaving for breath and hunched over himself when he arrived, barely getting his message out, but somehow he managed. It was his duty after all.

"It's time," he said, pointing to the large door with a shaking finger, "The Judge has released the Parents to collect the Talon."

======LineBreak

The woman woke up thrashing, frantically reaching for something, whilst her breath came out in short, ragged gasps. Her panic -increasing ever so slowly as the world around her was enveloped in darkness- made her start shaking, similar to a leaf. She couldn't see, not even her hand as she brought it close to her face. Struggling to her feet, but collapsing with every try, the woman swept her hands across the damp stone beneath her, trying to regain some sense of safety. Stability. But none of that would ever be found here.

It was cold, she noted, gathering herself onto her hands and knees. She needed to calm down, find out what was going on. Escape. She needed to think. He father trained her better than this.

She continued crawling around the floor, hands splayed out in front of her, until one smacked into something warm. Gasping, she tentatively felt around, discovering the object to be another human. A male, she figured, the strong jaw being the main indicator.

It hit her suddenly, like a truck, as the male woke, groaning in pain. She remembered what happened. But how? How was she alive? How was he? They died. There was no getting around death like that. Nothing could've prevented their fall. But her son! Oh, where was her son!? Had he survived with them, or did he even fall at all? He was so little, her poor baby. She'd left him all alone. He couldn't have fallen, there was no way. Not her little Robin.

She moved towards the male as he started to mumble, his panic starting to settle just as hers had. She shushed him, remaining close while mumbling soft words. A door creaked open nearby, and a bright light blinded the pair.

"Ah, it's good to see you both are finally awake," A shadowed figure spoke, the light making it impossible to see any distinctive features. "Tell me, does anything feel broken? Fractured?" He asked, a slight accent hardening his words, followed by twisted curiosity. He sounded as though he was struggling to hold back a laugh.

"It is imperative that we know before we freeze you. It wouldn't do well for me if you aren't useful when the time comes," he added, coming further into the room, but keeping a position in which his face remained in the shadows.