A Lone Feather

"Jay, wait. I have an idea."

Being the person that he was, Jason ignored Nightwing for a moment in favor of dodging a blow from Superman. He wasn't trying to be rude, he just needed to get his priorities straight.

"What's the idea? Will it keep us from getting out skulls bashed in?" Jason asked sarcastically, twisting out of the path of an arrow.

"I need you to tell Batman something." Nightwing gritted out, and Jason looked over to seem him mid-flip, dodging Superboy.

"Yeah, sure. What is it?" Jason asked, dodging the bow staff of Robin, and hitting a pressure point on the back of his neck. One down, too many more to go.

"Tell him that if he lets us go, we can gather information about the Light for him!" Nightwing sent quickly, and Jason heard a small yelp from behind him. Two down.

"Batman, I have a proposition to make," Red Hood announced, fighting his way towards the black clad man.

"What it is?" Batman grit out, throwing a kick to Red Hoods head, missing.

"If you let Wing and I go, we might know how to get some information on the Light for you." Jason hinted, and Batman stopped attacking for a moment.

"Might? I want a guarantee. And I'd need to be able to contact you," he spoke, head tilting towards the raging battle behind them.

"Fine. We will get the information to you, and I can give you a comm to contact us. Is that enough?" Jason added sarcastically. This man was too much.

Batman stared at him for a moment, and Jason was starting to wonder if something was stuck on his helmet.

"How old are the both of you?" Batman finally asked, still ignoring the ongoing battle.

Red Hood froze for a second, not expecting that question, "Old enough," he replied, a hint of anger coming out of his helmet, "Now, do you want to shake on it or something?" Jason drawled, shifting his weight to a more relaxed position.

Jason was just about to reach Batman's hand with his own when he felt a sudden burning pain in his side.

Eyes widening underneath his mask, Jason grabbed at his side with his hand, stumbling back a bit. Something smelled, and it wasn't his jacket this time. He fumbled a bit more, looking for the cause of the pain, and finally collapsed onto the tile. Somewhere in his newfound haze of pain, Jason swore he heard someone scream something, sounding rather raw if he focused a bit more. Jason wasn't able to think much on it, as the approaching numbness soon took him into her sweet embrace.

======LineBreak

"NO!"

Someone yelled. Someone screamed. He wasn't sure who, because he was too busy watching his only friend collapse onto the floor.

"No," a weak voice, cracking and raw, whimpered at the fallen body.

His throat hurt, burned more like. Was it him? Was he the one that screamed? Dick thought he'd forgotten how, it must've been someone else. He ignored the shocked expressions as he rushed towards Red Hood's fallen body.

He knelt down at Jason's side and placed his hands over the wound, applying pressure. Something was starting to block his vision, making his sight blurry and unfocused. What was it? He wanted to take his mask off, had something gotten underneath during the battle? He tore his eyes away from Jason's bloody side and sent a chilling glare at Superman.

"You!"

There it was again. That raw and cracking, misused and beaten, weak voice. Only this time, it was filled with anger and hate, underlined by worry and shock. It must've been him, he hadn't seen anyone's mouth move this time. It was him.