Chapter 9

Darn it guys! I was doing so well at getting these updates out on time! Oh well. Hopefully I can start over and get going on it again!

Check out the fantastic typography below that was created by the talented @goddessofnostalgia! You always do such a great job on these. Thanks again!

Every single time I get a new notification, it really does make my day. I want to give everyone a huge thank you for reading this. And to the silent readers: Even if I don't know who you are, know that you're appreciated just as much.

On with the update!

Celeste was hiding.

As soon as she'd sent the fire message to Magnus, Celeste had quickly changed into an outfit that she deemed worthy of a rave and then immediately took shelter on the roof to avoid Izzy. She knew that the outfit she had chosen -- a pair of white skinny jeans, a plain grey tank top, a pair of combat boots, and a black leather jacket that she'd stolen from Jace a few weeks ago -- wouldn't go over well with Izzy, so she had to follow her usual routine for missions that were at clubs.

Once she was changed and in her hiding place, she would wait until there was only about ten or fifteen minutes before the group had to leave, and by then it would be too late for Izzy to make her change. But after a few years of this, she was running out of hiding places, and she was sure that Izzy was starting to notice the pattern.

Izzy had finished dressing Clary, gotten herself ready, and had even had a quick conversation with Jace when she came across him on her search for Celeste. She had the perfect outfit in mind for her sister to wear, and she wasn't going to take no for an answer this time.

But before she could get her in the clothes, she had to find her first.

She'd checked all of the usual hiding places, and had asked around to see if anyone had seen her. Since no one had, there were only a few places Celeste could be, and they were all places that no one would be likely to walk by.

Unfortunately for Celeste, Izzy had found her with plenty of time to spare and dragged her to Izzy's closet.

"Here, put this on." Izzy said, bringing over what she deemed the perfect outfit.