Chapter 19

Hello everyone! I'm alive! It took me forever to get over my writer's block, but I finally did it. In honor of the fantastic episode tonight, here's a new chapter! (It's totally not because I forgot to post it yesterday....) I know that you're all anxiously awaiting the chapter though, so I'll shut up and do my talking at the end of the chapter.

Once again, @sereneur makes another amazing typography! Check it out below.

After the meeting with their parents, the three siblings had all separated

After the meeting with their parents, the three siblings had all separated. Alec had gone off to find Max and keep him out of trouble, Izzy had gone to Ops to do some work, and Celeste went straight to the library.

The library used to be one of Celeste's favorite places in the institute. After she'd finish her studies for the day, she used to spend hours sitting in one of the comfy chairs by the fireplace, reading about anything and everything she could find. That's where her siblings would usually find her to bring her to dinner.

The walls rose high into the air, with bookshelves reaching at least twenty feet tall. The room itself was two stories tall, with a staircase along each side that lead to a balcony that covered half of the first floor. The back wall was covered with floor to ceiling glass windows that let the sun stream in to create natural lighting. The small, floating specks of dust in the air seemed to shimmer in front of them.

Celeste wound through the maze of bookshelves, piling a large stack of books in her arms. From Shadowhunter history, to mundane mythology, she picked up anything she felt could be useful for her research. When her arms were full and she couldn't carry another book, she made her way to the back left corner of the library.

It was her favorite study spot. Adjacent to the wall of windows was a large fireplace on the first floor. A large rug and a few comfy couches and chairs spread around it, and not far off to the side was a large table made of dark oak wood. Celeste set her large stack of books down on the table and took a seat in the matching oak chair, slipping her shoes off and crossing her legs underneath her.

The stack was tall, and she knew it would probably take her hours to get through it, but she didn't mind. If there was even the slightest chance that she could learn more about what was happening to her, she would take it.