Birthday

Violets P.O.V.

* a week later *

i wake up in my bed. ugh today is going to be a long ass day. its august 1st which means its my birthday. i roll out of bed and check my phone which was filled with happy birthdays. my family is throwing a big party for me today and im kind of nervous because ethan told me grayson is coming. he is probably just coming to see james.

dino hasnt been doing good. he is currently in a wheel chair because his limbs are becoming weak. he also doesnt really remember anything about dinosaurs, only that he loves them. i take a shower and get changed i put on a white crop top with a little dinosaur on it, dark blue jeans, Adidas super star sneakers, my choker and then put my hair in a pony tail.

 i take a shower and get changed i put on a white crop top with a little dinosaur on it, dark blue jeans, Adidas super star sneakers, my choker and then put my hair in a pony tail

im going to try to have a good day today and its gonna be hard when you know your little bro is going to go any day now. hopefully gray wont still be mad at me because that would just be awkward. i just dont know what to do.

i grabbed my phone and keys and left the apartment. on my way over i decided to stop at the store real quick. ( target of course ) and I picked up a new bathing suit. It's green and black. Happy birthday to me...

I got to the house around 2 and people started to show up. I went into the backyard and saw James sitting in the steps in the pool resting his head in his hands.

He looked sad so I go over to him. I sit down on the deck behind him. "Hey dino"

He turns around quickly and smiles. "Happy birthday violet!!!!!!"

"Thanks kid" I smirk

"I can't wait for you to open your presents!"

I scoff

"I know you don't like your birthday but at least try to be happy" he crosses his skinny arms across his chest.

"I'll try for you" I force a smile.

My mom comes outside "vi, come inside real quick!"

"Okay!"

She goes back inside as I stand up.

"Wait, v, can you put me in my chair?"

"You don't want to be in the water?" I furrow my eyebrows.

"No...its like torture if I'm not able to swim"

"Okay" I sigh and pick him up and put him in his chair.

I go inside and the house is filled with family members and friends. I go into the kitchen to see my mom talking to JANET

I freeze. Her arms drop to her side. "Hey violet"

I run up to her and squeeze her tightly. "I thought you were dead" I whisper.

She pulls away "I'm so sorry vio"

I smile "forget about it...3 years ago. But how are you?! I see you got ranked up!"  I point to her name tag on her uniform. She giggles "yeah"