Vmon

It's been two weeks since Taehyung got the news of his grandmother's death. When he was finally starting to pick himself up, the day of the funeral came. It was like hearing the news for the first time all over again. To make matters worse, his parents decided that that it was time for him to go back to school. Namjoon knew that he wasn't okay.

Taehyung was so quiet and tired, the complete opposite of his normal self. He doesn't even smile anymore. Usually when Seokjin makes a terrible joke Taehyung would laugh but now he doesn't even smile the slightest. Namjoon also notices that when Taehyung zones out, his eyes will water and his lips tremble. It hurts Namjoon's heart to see his friend this way.

Taehyung was excused to go to the bathroom, but when he didn't come back Namjoon left to go check on him. "Go on! Keep crying like the baby you are!" Two older guys are cornering Taehyung, who is a sobbing mess. "Leave him alone," Namjoon says. "He's already upset, you don't need to make it worse."

"I don't have the time for this," one of the two guys huffs and they both leave. Namjoon helps Taehyung calm down and clean him up. "Come with me," Namjoon says and leads Taehyung outside. "It's almost lunch time." Taehyung just nods and follows his friend. They go around back and sit against the wall.

There's money in my bag, buy lunch and bring it around to the back of the school. He texts Seokjin. Namjoon noticed that for the past two days Taehyung hasn't had any lunch.

"Do you think that you can make it through the rest of the day?" Namjoon asks softly, and Taehyung turns to meet his eyes. "Will this pain ever go away?" Taehyung asks in a shaky voice like he's about to start crying again.

"It will over time," Namjoon says softly. "She lived a good life Taehyung. She died peacefully knowing that she had people who loved her. I don't think that's a bad way to go."

"That's just it though," Taehyung says. "She's gone. I miss her..." Namjoon sighs. He doesn't want to give Taehyung a therapy session, so he pulls his friend close and wraps his arm around him. Seokjin texts him saying that he's on his way.

"Namjoon," Taehyung whispers so quietly that Namjoon almost doesn't hear him. "We have that test coming up and I'm so far behind-"

"I'll help you," Namjoon says and brushes the hair out of Taehyung's eyes, which are glossed over with tears. Seokjin comes around the corner with lunch for the both of them. "Thank you so much," Namjoon says and Seokjin smiles at him.

"It wasn't a problem," Seokjin says. "I promised Jimin and Jungkook that I would sit with them today, so I should be heading back." He glances at Taehyung before leaving.

Taehyung was grateful for Namjoon. Namjoon has stuck by his side to take care of him, even when Taehyung pushed him away. Losing his grandmother made Taehyung realize that he could easily lose everyone else in his life. He also realized that every day he didn't tell Namjoon the truth was another wasted. Taehyung doesn't want to waste anymore days, but he knows that right now isn't the time. He just needs to wait a little bit longer.

"I'm so tired," Taehyung yawns. The two of them have been studying since the time they got home. The only time they took a break was to eat dinner. "We can pick up where we left off tomorrow," Namjoon says. Taehyung nods as he shuts his book. Namjoon already told his parents that he was staying the night with Taehyung.

They got ready for bed. Taehyung was already in bed. "Namjoon..." Taehyung speaks quietly. "Can you sleep in here with me instead of the guest room?"

"Sure," Namjoon says and climbs in the bed with him. Namjoon turns out the light, and Taehyung feels himself drift off. For the first time in weeks, he didn't cry himself to sleep.

When Taehyung wakes up, he's in Namjoon's arms. He feels himself blush, and holds Namjoon tighter. He doesn't want to let go. Namjoon is close, and so warm. His shirt is lifted slightly, so Taehyung's fingertips brush against his bare skin, which is soft and smooth. Taehyung sighs a little. He wants to tell Namjoon, but he can't... At least not yet.

Over the next few weeks, Taehyung's pain seems to become lighter. He doesn't feel like crying all of the time. He remembers what Namjoon said, she lived a good life and died peacefully. He's excepting his grandmother's death, and he's stopped pushing people away. He's finally caught up on his school work, thanks to Namjoon.

"Namjoon. I've been thinking," Taehyung says and his bites his lip. "Everyone only has so many days until there's none left... I can't wait any longer. Namjoon..." They both stop walking and look at each other. "I have feelings for you. I like you a lot."

"Taehyung," Namjoon says. "I like you a lot too..but maybe we should wait-"

"No," Taehyung says. "I've waited this long to tell you. I'm getting better, because of you." That caused Namjoon to blush. "This Friday we can go see a movie," Namjoon says.

"Or we could watch one over at my place," Taehyung says and smiles. Seeing Taehyung smile like that causes Namjoon's heart to flutter. "Sounds good to me."