11//I'm Sorry

Joey

"Joey we have no dressing for the salad!"

I huff and know that she's going to have me run out and get it. And how do you forget the dressing for a salad?

"I'll be back in fifteen."

"Thanks hon."

I grab my jacket and start walking to the small store only five minutes away. My mom just tarted talking to me again yesterday, I still see the sadness that her eyes hold but on the bright side she's been sober for three days.

I finally arrive and see about four cars in the small parking lot along with a few discarded trash laying around. I grab a a basket and started walking towards where the dressing is but my phone starts to ring and guess who it is.

Cason Cameron
***-***-****

Decline
Answer

I placed the phone up to my ear and pressed answer.

Hello

Hi?

I am so terribly bored

Um okay

You don't care

Well isn't that your problem

Why are you so sassy all of a sudden

Sorry

It's okay

You good?

I'm good

Good

Good

Good?

Good?

Food

Food?

What are we doing?

I have no clue but all I know is that I'm hungry

Go eat

Well I currently can't because I am at the store getting more hot pockets for Dave

I'm at the store too because my mom forgot the dressing for the salad we're making tonight

What a coincidence

Right

So-

I heard a loud clang about a aisle away from the one I'm in.

Sorry I just dropped my phone

Wait what store are you at?

I'm at the small store in Ridgewood.

What aisle do you happen to be in?

Um.. aisle five

I'm three aisles away from you

Okay- wait what

I said I'm three aisles away from you

Gotta run

Then he hung up and I heard something drop and quick pounding footsteps that went farther, and farther away from me. I dropped my basket and started to run towards the front door but I was too late. I burst outside and a blue Toyota Ford was zooming down the streets the one that was in the parking lot a minute ago.

I sighed and my mood instantly dropped I went back to my basket and picked it up which contained two jars of Nutella and the salad dressing. I made sure to walk through aisle five and there lied his basket with six boxes of hot pockets and two water bottles. I was standing in the place he once stood but when he heard I was here he ran, like literally ran right out. Did he really not want me to see him that bad or do he not want to see me.

I payed for my items and left and as I was right in front of my house my phone vibrated. I pulled it out.

I'm sorry...

I didn't want to hear what he had to say so I walked into my home and placed the bag in the kitchen the went to my room. I wasn't hungry anymore.

I didn't have the heart to respond  at all. And the feeling in my stomach was slowly dying down.