seven - where we shouldn't be (IRON MAN)

chapter vii.
( iron man )

yes, i'm in a bang with a gang
they've got to   catch   me
if they want   to hang
yes,   i'm back in black
back in black ─── ac/dc

yes, i'm in a bang with a gang they've    got    to    catch    me if     they     want      to     hangyes,      i'm    back    in    blackback in black ─── ac/dc

kunar province, afghanistan
january 24, 2010
( eleven years later )

The ice clinks against the inside of my father's glass as the truck trudges along across the rocky terrain

The ice clinks against the inside of my father's glass as the truck trudges along across the rocky terrain. "Back In Black" is blasting in my ears as I pull my legs up to get a better position for my sketchbook. It's definitely not an easy task to accurately sketch anything when the entire vehicle you are in is shaking. There's a pretty cute, maybe about seventeen year old soldier to my left and I can feel him maybe glancing at me now and then. I can't resist sending a few glances myself. Suddenly, as if he can read my thoughts, my father's elbow is bumping into mine and the graphite scratches across the white paper. I shoot a glare in his direction as he stifles a laugh. He quickly apologizes to which I shake my head at, disbelieving.

Jerkface.

Finally he lets out a long sigh, "Alright, that's enough inactivity from the rest of you. I'm gonna drive my kid insane if I don't talk to anyone else," uh, yeah, too late for that one, "I feel like you're all taking me to a court-martial. This is crazy. What did I do? I feel like you're going to pull over and snuff me. What, you're not allowed to talk?" he glances over to the cute soldier on my other side, "Hey Forrest!"

"Dad," I scold quietly.

"We can talk, Sir,"

"Oh, I see. So it's personal?"

"No, you intimidate them," a female voice says from in front of us.

Both of our heads snap in the soldier's direction.

"Good God! You're a woman! I honestly... I wouldn't have called that,"

Now it's my turn to elbow him in the arm.