nine - threats & demands

chapter ix.
( iron man )

this   is   how an angel cries
blame it on my own sick pride
sail with me into   the dark
sail ─── awolnation

this   is   how   an   angel   criesblame it on my own sick pridesail  with   me   into   the  darksail ─── awolnation

kunar province, afghanistan
january 26, 2010 — april 30, 2010

TRIGGER WARNINGS

depictions of violence, mentions

of sexual assault, torture

Yinsen begs mercy for us hurriedly, but they shove him back onto the ground, ignoring his pleas for us. A scream leaves my lips before I really know it does and two men are yanking me out of the cave as others drag Dad out in front of me. He's yelling for me and telling them to leave me alone, but they don't understand or care to listen. They bring us into a round room and drop us down to our knees. Dad is still yelling when the different men grip our hair and throw our faces down into water. In a panic, I thrash my arms around, trying to loosen the tight grip on my head. They push me down further and further into the water until my face touches the bottom of the deep basin. Suddenly they're pulling up at my hair and air floods into my gasping lungs. The world from my eyes is hazy and uncertain.

"Lisa! Let her go! Lisa!" Dad's strangled, gasping voice yells before it's drowned out again.

I blink wildly, trying to find him in the haze. My wet hair blinds my view for the most part, but I can just make him out: face down in the basin as men push him lower. He's fighting against them, yelling muffled threats all the while. I feel the familiar yank on my hair and I know what's about to happen. I'm about to go under again.

"P-please, wait, wait," I beg before they push my face into the water.

Water enters my mouth and nose, seeping down into my lungs. My hands desperately push at the edges of the basin, trying to help me escape the crushing weight on the back of my head. My body begins to jerk as a reaction of suffocating. My insides feel on fire and, each time I try desperately to dowse the flames, it only gets worse. I think I can hear Dad yelling again, but it's hard to say for sure. Visions pass before my eyes as I continue to drown.