eighteen - the initiative (END CREDITS)

chapter xviii.
( end credits )

they    say we are what    we   are,
but we don't    have    to    be
i try to picture  me without you but
i can't 'cause we could be immortals
immortals ─── fall out boy

they    say   we    are   what    we   are,but     we      don't      have      to      bei try to picture  me  without  you buti can't 'cause we could be immortalsimmortals ─── fall out boy

stark mansion
may 25, 2010

"I am Iron Man," I chuckle as we walk through the night air and towards the front door, "it's just so, like, I don't know, iconic," Dad amusedly rolls his eyes as I try to imitate the face he made when he said it, "I am Iron Man."

Suddenly he stops walking and I bump into his shoulder, hitting my still sore arm against him.

I wince, "Ouch, ow, ow, that really hurt! Dad,"

"Sh, sorry Baby, but just," he holds out a hand to quiet me, "Do you hear that?"

I stop and listen. There's a small alarm going off inside the house. My eyes widen and we both move quickly towards the door. Dad turns sharply back to me, making me stop in my tracks.

"Stay here," he orders firmly, with no hint of the fun we were having a few seconds ago.

I open my mouth to argue, but the look he gives me is enough for me to shut it, literally and figuratively. I nod and he turns around, unlocking the front door before stepping inside.

His voice yells lowly, "Jarvis!"

"Welcome home, Sir," I can hear Jarvis' voice die out from where I'm standing.

Oh, no, Jarvis!

I move to clench my hands together, but quickly stop when I remember my bandages. My heart thuds in my chest as the silence of all but the alarm goes around me.

I finally whisper to myself, "That's it."

I creep over to the door and lean in just enough to see and hear another man say, "Nick Fury, Director of S.H.I.E.L.D."

"Oh," Dad responds like he understands.

"I'm here to talk to you about the Avengers Initiative."

The Starks Will Return

And Nick Fury has entered the building (again, quite literally!) Oooooo, the excitement! Can't wait! I've already finished Avengers (still working on editing and additions) and I've started a decent bit into Iron Man 3 so the story will live on! Okie-day, bu-bye!

But here's a future quote from the next chapter for you:

"'Oh no,' Dad voice is hoarse and low as he grows more defeated, 'Oh God, I'm not gonna make it.'"

- Tony Stark, Iron Daughter (Iron Man 2)