twenty-three - mayhem in monaco

chapter xxiii.
( iron man 2 )

you're   putting up your
armor   when you   leave
you   leave   because   you're
certain of who you want to be
icarus ─── bastille

you're      putting      up     your armor     when      you      leaveyou    leave    because    you're certain of who you want to beicarus ─── bastille

monaco, french riviera
may 24, 2011

"Pepper," I mumble in a panic, "Pepper, do something!"

"Natalie. Natalie!" she hurriedly waves the other redhead over.

Dad waves off the actual driver of our race car who gives a fit when he sees that Dad is taking his place. The audience continues to cheer and I watch as the television screen adds my last name to the list of racers.

Natalie hurries over, "Yes, Miss Potts?"

I snap, "Did you know about this?!"

"Uh, this is the first that I have known of it," she answers, looking from me to Pepper.

Pepper breathes heavily, "This, this cannot happen."

"Absolutely. I understand. How can I help you both?"

I rub my forehead as Pepper tells Natalie to go get Happy. I moan into my hands and the pain gets worse. Dad hops into the seat and pulls on the helmet, making a face as he does. I think I'm going to pass out, either from worry or anger I can't quite tell. Dad looks at the camera and points to it. My eyes roll over to Justin, and Dad's meaning is clear: he's mocking his "competitor".

 My eyes roll over to Justin, and Dad's meaning is clear: he's mocking his "competitor"

"Look! That's Stark!" a man says, motioning to the screen.

"Unbelievable, unbelievable," Pepper scowls and her face turns kind of red.

"What is he thinking?" I mumble to myself, analyzing him with squinted eyes.

Dad revs the car up and gives a thumbs up.