Chapter 14

Bethany's POV
————————
  I look towards the door as Tyler asks who's there.
  "It's your mom, Tyler." A sweet voice comes from the other side of the door. Tyler's face lights up and he runs over and opens it. A beautiful lady walks in a smiles at me. "Hello, sweetie. How are you feeling?"
  "I'm doing better than I was. Thank you." I smile at her and her smile widens as she nudges Tyler.
  "So polite! God really blessed you with this one, maybe you can learn from her," she snickers and he sticks his tongue out at her. They act like best friends, not a mom and son, and it's honestly adorable. "I'm Renee, Tyler's Mom. I've heard so much about you, and you're just so gorgeous!" She giggles and I turn red from embarrassment. Before I have time to respond, her eyes glaze over and she nods before looking at Tyler, "your father says when she's well that he wants to see you both in his office, he said not to worry, you're not in trouble." She smiles before waving at us both, and before she walks out she makes a heart with her hands around our heads and then runs away laughing.
  "She's very different than most adults I know," I smile at Tyler and he scratched his neck.
  "She's definitely something, she's the best mom out there." He smiles and spaces out as if looking back through memories. He seems so happy and that makes me happy for him. "Are you feeling any better?"
  "I feel fine, are you ready to go meet your dad? Well like, you know what I mean." He laughs before nodding and reaching out his hand for me to take. As I take it, he pulls me up and we walk out of the room. Little did we know that this meeting was not going to be what we expected.

——————
Hey bubbles!
  Sorry for the wait, and the extremely short chapter. I'm finding it hard to come up with ideas and just to be motivated to write. 8th grade isn't really hard concept wise, but emotionally it is quite challenging. These past few weeks have been better though, so I'm trying. I love y'all and I hope to write again soon!
  Rainyruba ☺️