First One to Stand

Jess's POV

I am a girl living in a boys world, jeans and a tee are fine by me. I like the outdoors, the animals, and action. I can't stand the words

  a girl can't, a girl is not supposed to, and that's for boy's   

but I don't care i'm a southern tomboy I act like one of the guys and dress like one of the guys I get teased but who cares? I don't. Some girls get up do their hair, put on five pounds of make up, get dressed up fancy, and eat some fake healthy food. Me I get up throw on jeans and a shirt, a ponytail, and my solid black converse and i'm out the door.

Lot's of the girls at school talk on their phone all day long about who's the hottest and who likes who me I just think about when I get to guy four-wheeling next. I can't stand the cheerleaders they are so fake they wear 15 pounds of make up and are plastic. The head cheerleader always walks by and says "Did you sleep in the barn?" but it's only been two weeks. Just as I was thinking that she walked by and asked me if I was going to try out for the football team but she said it loud so everyone could hear and I said "Yeah why not?" they all looked at me shocked and stared as I walked out.

~~~~~~~Tryout's Part 1~~~~~~~~~~

"J.A" Max the quarterback for the football team said I walked up to him and he said "Cheerleader tryouts are in the gym" I said "I'm not here for cheerleading tryouts i'm here for football." They all stared as if they had seen a ghost then Max said "No girls allowed they can't play and they are too fragile." I lost my cool and said "Why are you so worried? You worried I will show you up?" a choir of oohs and oh snaps filled the area and Max yelled "What?" I said "Your afraid of a girl showing you up" popping the p. He said "Fine you got a shot but it's not going to be easy." I said "I never ask for easy" I heard him sigh then he said "Alright everyone 16 laps, then 50 sit up's, and 50 pushups thanks to Jess." Everyone groaned as we lined up to run.

Then we took off I was last and I saw Max smirk so I sped up and passed Max finishing first so I did my pushups and sit up's but I finished early so I waited then he walked over and said "All ya'll got beat by a girl so do 4 more laps." They were on lap 2 when they were about to pass out I ran over and ran with them which made them push themselves to finish and when they did they circled around me and Max came to the center clapping. He said "Why did you run with them?" I said "Because teams stick together and i'm sorry if you don't get pack mentality but I do and the team and it's bond is more important than winning." He stood there in shock I guess no one had ever told him off before then he said "I am the captain I deserve some respect." I laughed and holding my stomach and said "You will earn my respect when you deserve it QB or not captain or not you still have to work for everything just like us." and with that he rolled his eyes and left.