Working Hard

"Mom i'm home" I called as I came in my dad who was an Army sergeant was out on a deployment to Iraq so he wasn't here. She said with a squeal "Did you make it?" I said "Yes but coach said ice bath, dinner, homework, and to get to bed and I need tat ice bath I ran 4 miles today" she looked at me confused and said "Why?" I said "Well a kid fell over exhausted so Max the sexist QB said he had to run 2 more miles and at 3/4 of a mile he was about to fall so I went out and ran with him which pushed him to go harder." She said "Why? Why ruin your chance?" I told her it's because were a team and when one falls we all fall and sometimes it just takes that one person to run with you to push you to be better. She sat there speechless then said "We raised you right now go get an ice bath."

~~~~~~Lockers~~~~~

I walked to my locker to see Max and his girlfriend Maggy and they screamed "Roach" so I walked over and picked it up as everyone was staring at me. Then Max says "Babe it's the bama girl she's probably going to eat it" Maggy said "No way she's to chicken she may touch it but won't eat it" I have had enough back home we eat bugs and animals so I just said "How much you wanna bet I eat it right here right now?" He stared then said "She's bluffing" I tilted my head back and dropped it in my mouth then walked over to Maggy and crunched it saying "You hear that?" she gagged. Everyone was yelling and our lockers were by the gym so coach came out yelling "What's going on out here?" Maggy yelled "That freak just ate a bug" then hurled. Then with his bama drawl that only I knew he had he said "Jessica how rude you didn't share with me nor did you let me bring you some spider jerky." and we laughed it was an old bama Army vets. joke. So everyone went there separate ways.

~~~~~~Practice~~~~~~~

I walked out on the field and we did 4 laps and 200 push up's I finished first as usual so Max said "Hey Jess why don't you do mountain climbers, planks, and high knees for a minute then 100 burpees and run 8 laps" then Domonic a kid that was in the back said "That's too much she'll get hurt" Max replied "So what" Then they started to fight. Coach came over and split them up them Dom short for Domonic told coach and coach said "Yeah i agree with Dom she'll get hurt" I stepped forward and said "Guys thank you but if I can complete the marine bootcamp course I can do this" Max said "No way you completed it" I said "Yeah look in the Bama Times Paper May 13 " they all got their phones out and were shocked when they saw I did complete it. Then coach said "Ok but don't push yourself too hard" I nodded then got into plank formation. 

~~~~~~~Skipping to the end~~~~~~~~

"1/2 a  lap to go" coach yelled and when I got ten feet away from the end a baseball flew at me and hit my head causing me to fall but I wasn't giving up that easy so I got up and kept running. When I got to the finish line I flopped down on my back as someone handed me a water and coach and everyone else  was looking at me like I was crazy then I said "What?" coach said "A baseball flew at your head at 70 mph and you kept running" I shrugged then Max said "Your dedicated" I said "Bite me" everyone was shocked so I said "Max I know you threw that ball" he said "Nope your seeing things" I sat up and he stepped back, I stood up and he stepped back then coach pushed us apart and I went home.